28. Changes

Blossom's POV

Not edited - Not proofread

I storm out of the restaurant the second I hear the word 'yes' come out of his mouth.

All of the strong feelings, the amount of love I feel for Grace suddenly starts to make sense. Our immediate bond, the fact that she came to me first to share what happened... It all starts to make much more sense.

We are sisters, and we had no idea about it all this time. Or maybe she knew but didn't tell me. For what purpose she would do that, I have no idea. It's hard to comprehend all of this - first my dad, then her... It's like my life is taking a whole new shape in just a month.

"We need to go to Grace's house." I blurt out the second I hop into Romeo's car and close the door.

He looks at me as if I grew two heads - confusion written all over his beautiful features. I can understand why he is so confused by my actions. I ran out of the restaurant that I was having dinner with my father, and now I am demanding that we need to go to Grace's house.

It surprised me a little, to see his car still waiting at the entrance. He waited for me, he didn't break his promise. It makes me really happy, and makes me also want to kiss him for an eternity, but I need to find my sister first. I need to interrogate her.

"What - Why? What happened?" He asks all at the same time. He is kind of panicking, since I am panicking too.

"She is my fûcking sister." I answer, not minding my language.

His jerks his head to my direction in a fast motion with wide eyes. "What the fûck?"

"Yeah. I know right? That's why we need to go to Grace's house."

His eyebrows scrunch up in a questioning matter. "But wait... How are you guys both seniors then?" His question is not expected by myself, and I don't know how to answer it.

"I don't know!" I exclaim, frustrated with the whole situation.

"Blossie, what a life you live..." He then shakes his head and starts driving. As he goes through the traffic like a pro, I can feel my heart beating faster and faster as we get closer to her house.

I have so many questions in my head, I need so many explanations. I don't know if she can give me my answers - maybe only my father knows everything. But I need to see her, I need to know if she knows. I need to look at her as my sister. I want to feel it - how it's like to have Grace as my sister and not as a friend.

***

"Thanks Romeo. Really, thank you so much for everything." I say gratefully once we reach Grace's house and park.

He cups my cheek gently, caressing it with care and tenderness. "You don't have to thank me Blossie. I will do anything for you." His words make my breath hitch, and I almost cough so I can breathe again.

Him saying something like this to me is a really big thing, and the fact that I feel the same way towards him is even bigger. He is so caring, I feel like I don't deserve him. But I'm too selfish to leave him at this point - I don't think I could have managed or will be able to manage without him holding my hand.

"And I'll do anything for you." The genuine words fall out of my mouth so easily, it surprises me how much I believe in them.

His eyes start to shine brightly, and I can see his orbs filling with adoration - and a little bit of lust that is. "Come on, go inside. I'll be waiting." He squeezes my hand assuringly.