14. Take Care

Blossom's POV
Not edited - Not proofread

I slowly peer my eyes open, the sunlight supporting the headache I apperantly have. My body feels heavy, disgusting.

I try to lift my head to check my surroundings but fail miserably. Every possible bone in my body is aching. Though from the position I'm currently in - lying on a very soft bed - I can see the greyish dark blue walls that surely don't belong to my own room.

I get utterly confused, not knowing where I am. Soon I shoot up in panic when the realisation of being in someone else's room kicks in.

The door to the room opens just when I start examining everything, trying to figure out where the hell is this.

"Ah, you're awake." Romeo's voice fills my ears.

That's when the entire events of the morning come crashing down on me.

Brandon being so angry because of the kiss Josh and I shared, him barging into my room. Then... Then Romeo...

I start crying unwillingly.

"Hey, hey, Blossie... It's okay," Romeo leaves the tray full of food on a small table and rushes to my side. "You're okay."

I shake my head as the tears fall out of my eyes without my control over them. After a few seconds, I manage to calm down, my tears becoming silent ones."What- Why am I here?" I find the strength to ask at least.

"You fell asleep after I found you in your room Blossie, and you kept having nightmares in your bed. I tried calming you down but you wouldn't wake up." He explains. "And since your bed just seemed so uncomfortable, I brought you here. Thank God you slept beautifully then."

I listen to him, my mouth slightly parted as I try to process everything. My nightmares stopped? Isn't that impossible?

"Um, thank you..." I place a strand of hair behind my ear, not knowing what to do. "I, uh, I should probably go now." I try to stand up, but he holds me in my place.

"Blossie you have to eat first." He says, and I glance at the tray he brought.

The food smells amazing... Ugh. Why do I have to be so weak when it comes to food?

I nod shyly as he goes and grabs the tray before placing it on my lap. "Thank you," I find it hard to find anything else to say.

"Don't thank me Blossie, just eat." And I do, I finish the whole thing in such a short amount of time.

I look up at Romeo sheepishly once I'm done. He has a huge grin on his face along with the expression of victory. "I knew you were hungry." He seems to be proud of himself.

I can't help the smile that breaks through. Though before I can get caught up with the situation further more, suddenly the window catches my attention, and I look outside to see it's already kind of getting dark.

"What time is it?" I ask, my voice a little hoarse due to all my screaming and crying.

It's been a horrible day.

"Almost seven." My eyes widen, and my breathing gets faster.

Brandon has to be home by now.

Knowing that I will be going back home soon makes me feel sick. I don't want to go to that house, don't want to see his face. He has never been this harsh on me before, I don't want to go and watch him get worse by day.

I think of some options I can consider. I might book a hotel room for the night, or stay at Emma's. Though Emma is probably with Tyler today... Alyssa? Alyssa is studying.