17-Mrs.Midknow

It was finally the day.

You stood outside your old house, staring up at it with a mix of sadness and happiness.

It wasn't as hard to part from as you thought it would be, considering you would still live in fairly close proximity to it, but you still enjoyed the house.

After all, you had so many amazing memories there.  When you were eight, your family finally decided to renovate it completely.

On the outside, it was a pleasant white painted wood, with blue accents here in there.  The shudders were a nice shade of navy blue, along with the roof and door.

The yard itself was surprisingly large, and you had managed to keep it in fairly good shape.  The grass was evenly cut in a nice healthy green colour, and there was the occasional stone-lined garden in the back yard.

Anyways, enough about your house.  This was a time for celebration after all, the time for mourning had passed.

You climbed info Yuri's truck, checking once more that everything was in the back stored away.

"Ah, it all looks good to me."  You told Yuri, signaling that he was ok to drive.

"Y'know, I'm kinda sad to see this house go.  We have a lot of good memories here."  Yuri said with a small smile.

"Yeah, but its not like we'll never see it again.  My parents will be back home in a few weeks anyways."  You replied.

Now that you thought of it, you really missed them.  You hadn't seen them since the first day of school this year, and then they left on a business trip the day after.

'Enough sad thoughts. Why am I even sad anyways, I'm moving in with Yuri! Oh, I never expected my life to come to this. I mean, my entire family did call it when I was eleven, but thats ok.' You thought, rambling to yourself mentally.

You felt a warm hand encircle your own. You looked over at Yuri, his face half bathed in the setting sunlight, and admired the faint smile on his lips.

"Hey Y/n, relax. You're moving in, right? Nothing to worry about." Yuri calmly reminded you, eyes not leaving the road.

"I know. It just feels weird, y'know? After all those sleepovers, I'm going to be living at that house." You said, starting to feel happier.

No, happy isn't quite the word.

Seeing Yuri bathed in warm sunlight, holding his hand, sitting in the familiar truck, you felt at peace. Not that you were unhappy. You just felt this content feeling in your chest, like when you get that perfect position in your bed, or when you get a good mark on a test.

"Well, now it won't be sleepovers. It will just be hella fun sleeping." Yuri said with a small chuckle.

The two of you laughed, and Yuri turned onto his street.

Well, your street now.

You pulled into the driveway, and went to the back to pull out the boxes.

You didn't have too much, seeing as Yuri's house was already furnished and your parents were still living at your old house.

Not to mention half your stuff was already in Yuri's room due to the endless amounts of time the two of you spent together.

"Oh hi Y/n sweetie! How are you doing?" Yuri's old neighbor, Mrs.Midknow called from her lawn.

"I'm doing well, thank you! And how are you, Mrs.Midknow?" You replied, with a polite smile.

"Oh I'm as good as ever. Say, what are all those boxes you have?" She questioned, walking closer.

Just as you opened your mouth to reply, Yuri came back over.

"Oh hi Mrs.Midknow!" Yuri said, with a kind smile.

"Hi Yu-." She started to say.

"Oh, oh my. I know whats going on here. Oh my lord, I've waited so long for this! I knew it would happen eventually!" She said excitedly.

"What do you mean?" The two of you asked, concerned.

"Oh you two are finally moving in together! Oh, I knew this day would come! You two are just the cutest together!" She nearly yelled.

"Oh my god." You said. Filled with embarrassment, you turned around and started pacing.

"Why thank you Mrs.Midknow, I appreciate it! If you don't mind, I'm going to tend to Y/n over there." He said pointing to you.

He received no response, as Mrs.Midknow was already skipping away, filled with sudden energy, back into her house. Yuri could faintly hear her muttering something about a cane, and wedding planning.

"Oh please no. She better not." Yuri said quietly, putting an arm around your waist and leading you inside, scooping up the last box as he went.

"Thats enough for today." Yuri said, hugging you as he closed the door.

A/n
O WOW LOOK WHO DECIDED TO UPDATE

As an apology for taking so long, I made an extra long chapter! Longest one I've made so far (͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

Ah again I'm sorry, I was struck with a sudden inspiration to write tonight, so here you all go!