Wrongful Lust | 22

•Thursday | April 6th, 2017 | 02:25pm•

Dillon's POV...

"Hi my name is Dillon. I tried committing suicide last week, by drowning myself" I said out loud to the group

"Hi Dillon" Everyone said in unison

"Now Dillon, can you please explain to the group what made you feel the need to end life?" Ms Palmer asked in her annoyingly sweet voice

"umm, there have been some things going on in my life that just made me decide to quit"

"could you maybe specify?" She asked

"okay. there's this guy that I like, really like, that likes me too but he's kinda dating my brother. That isn't the reason I tried to kill myself but it definitely made me feel like shit. but more importantly my mom who gave me up the minute I was born decided to show up nineteen years later. Oh and not only that, but she just married the guy that I like's father, who also left him earlier in life, making us step-brothers. then recently finding out I have a half-sister who is about the same age as the guy I like"

"sorry, not to be rude but that's all?" This one guy from the other side of the circle spoke up

"I don't know what you were expecting, this isn't 13 reasons why. and obviously no that's not all that led me to the point of attempting suicide but that's what really brought me to the point where I felt that I didn't want to live anymore"

"can you describe how you were feeling when you met her after all these years?" Ms Palmer asked scribbling something on a notepad

"umm, growing up I lived with my father, his wife and my half-brother. Only at the time I didn't know that he was my half-brother and she was my step-mother. I grew up believing that was my mom and he was my brother, it wasn't until I was seventeen that I overheard a conversation about my birth mother supposedly asking my father for money. From that moment I had a lot of questions like why would she leave me? or why would they lie? what was my mother really like?

"I was so angry when I found out that I actually ran away from home for a night. That was kinda dumb of me though because my father works in the CIA so he found me the next morning. But that night I had gotten stoned, drunk, all of the typical drugs that twenty dollars could buy me. When we returned home and got me clean they had promised to answer my questions. So the first one I had was why she left me.

"apparently the apple didn't fall far from the tree because just like me my mother was a crack head. I am not anymore, but when I was in high school I experimented with a lot of drugs, hard drugs. My next question was where she was, which the only answer I got was 'I don't know'. so I asked to see a picture of her, which of course they didn't have one. So basically all the answers I got were useless. That's what led me into the phase of becoming less self-confident or whatever the term is. I would blame myself for her leaving me behind, even though it wasn't my fault.