Wrongful Lust | Behind The Scenes

1. What inspired you to write Wrongful Lust?
A: There were a couple of things that inspired this story, but I would have to say mostly the vampire diaries. I don't know if you've read the book or watched the show, but in it a girl named Elena meets this boy named Stefan and you know they fall in love blah blah. Stefan has a brother though, Damon, and he's known to be evil, arrogant, cold-hearted. Later on you come to find out there's a reason he's all these traits and there is some good in him. Elena then falls in love with him while still in love with Stefan and it becomes a whole thing about who she wants to be with. That's what really inspired me to write this book along with other shows and movies.

2. How did you come up with the character Adonis played by Darrin Jones?
A: Adonis is honestly the last character I came up with, which might seem surprising but it's true. I didn't want to just make a character, I wanted this character to be special. I wanted them to kinda show the person that I am. If you haven't noticed Adonis and I share birthday's, kind of the same childhood and everything in the fun facts in his bio is true about me. I originally had Jaden Adonis planned to play Adonis Love, but then I changed my mind and picked Darrin Jones. I kept the name though, hence Adonis, and chose Love as the last name because I wanted it to be something special. I'm pretty sure you're all familiar with greek mythology which has a man named Adonis. This man was beautiful and every woman that he came across fell in love with him. I tried to kind of tie that into this story, if you haven't noticed Adonis had a couple of admirers in this book, and not only guys. I also didn't want Adonis to be perfect, as you may have noticed he makes mistakes and that's alright.

3. What made you choose to include topics like suicide, abortion, etc.?
A: When I was writing this story I wanted to include real issues that teens face today. Issues like depression, when Adonis' mom died he became depressed for a couple of days. Then substance abuse, when he decided to drink his problems away. Then suicide with Dillon. That chapter was the second hardest chapter for me to write. I wanted to show that even when you don't expect someone to do such a thing it can happen. Dillon was such a bold, carefree, goofy guy and you would never expect him to have problems, but everyone has their demons. Another issue was teen pregnancy and abortions, I actually did that twice, once with Athena and once with Cierra. The hardest issue for me to write about was rape, that one scene in chapter 27. I had to cover the topic though because it's an issue that a lot of teens face and it ends up with them either having psychological problems after and most of the time are scared to come in contact with another human being. People who are raped tend to shut down and want to be alone at times like these, they feel worthless. I myself know someone who has been raped and it wasn't an easy thing for them to overcome. Also, jealousy and abusive relationships was something I kind of touched on at the end. Where we find out that Dylan is in fact working with Casey who perviously was in relationship with Damien. As you can tell Casey is obsessed with Damien, only in a different way. He wants to ruin Damien's life the way he feels his was ruined and that involves ruining Adonis' at the sane time. Another topic I briefly mentioned was woman equality in chapter 39, where India and Tyrone have an argument of whether or not a woman can take office. As you can tell I didn't want this to be a story you just read, I wanted you to learn a little something here and there so I hope you did.

4. Why did you rush Adonis and Damien's relationship?
A: Okay so I'm not blind to the fact that I had Adonis and Damien saying "I love you" only three weeks after they met. I understand it may seem rushed but I had a reason for doing this. I wanted the story to end either right before Adonis graduates or his graduation day, leaving me with a four month span between his birthday in February and June graduation day. In order for me to do the story how I wanted they would need to take a momentary break for a while which was in chapters 19-28. Then all the drama had to happen afterwards so I had to rush their relationship in the first ten chapters in order to do the story the way I visioned it. At first I didn't know the story would end at 50 chapters, that's another reason why it was rushed. I'm sorry if you feel like it was too rushed, I understand.