Wrongful Lust | 25

•Sunday | April 9th, 2017 | 11:34am•

"Please rise" The pastor said

Everyone stood to their feet and bowed their head waiting.

"Almighty God, you love everything you have made and wash over us with your unending mercy. We rejoice in your promises of healing, joy and peace to all who love you. In your mercy turn the darkness of death to the dawn of new life, and the sorrow of parting to the joy of heaven; through our Savior Jesus Christ who died and rose again and who lived forevermore."

"Amen" We all said in unison

"Okay now please be seated" He instructed

"We meet here today to honor the life of Jilanne. We give thanks for her life and ask God to bless her now that her time in this world has come to an end. For Jilanne, the journey is now beginning. But for us, there is loss, grief and pain. Every one of us here has been affected, perhaps in small ways, or perhaps in transformative ones, by Jilanne. Her life mattered to us all. It is important for us to collectively acknowledge and accept that the world has fundamentally changed with her passing. We are all grieving. Life will not be the same, nor should it be. Together, let us open our hearts and commemorate the impact Jilanne had on us."

"Members of Jilanne's family will be coming forward to share thoughts on her life, but first let us listen to a song that she loved." The pastor spoke

Take my hand started to play and that's when the tears started to fall. This is a song that my mom would sing every Sunday as she cleaned, or cooked, basically anything she did.

Once the song was over family was expected to go up. That meant me, Chris, my mom's brothers and sisters, and her cousins.

"Jilanne and I met when we were in highschool. She was on the track team and I was on the ball team. One day after practice I caught a glimpse of the track team practicing and once I spotted Jilanne it was like love at first sight. She was beautiful, fast, and nothing like I'd ever seen before. At first she wanted nothing to do with me, she thought I was one of them one time guys, which I was at the time but for her I knew that could all change. Next thing you know we're going to prom together, became the power couple, everyone wished they had the kind of relationship we had.

"Next was college, which you know parties and stuff but we were still going strong. She was the love of my life. One day I was in my dorm and she barged in crying. She talked about us making a mistake, and her parents would be disappointed. So I told her to calm down and explain. That's when my whole world changed. She told me she was pregnant with our son. Whats funny is that while she was crying a whole river I couldn't help but have a wide smile stretched across my face. I was about to be a father, I was about to have a child. There's no way I could explain to you the amount of joy that brought me. Eight months later this beautiful boy popped out" He said pointing to me