Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Jerome

       Nolan and I got to his family's home since it was his younger brother's second birthday today. As soon as we walked inside, Alan said, "Nolan, you have to move back home."

       Nolan furrowed his eyebrows as we sat down on the couch. "What? Why?"

       "Because I'm not forced to share a bedroom with William," Alan said. "I'd rather share with one of my fellow triplets than my two year old brother."

       William looked up at Alan and stuck his tongue out.

       "See?!" Alan said. "He's evil. One time, I heard him chanting something in his sleep."

       "Oh, relax, Alan," Grayson said. "He's a sleep-talker and he doesn't know how to form too many words yet."

       "Right, because that makes it better," Alan said. "I'm seventeen, Dad. I don't want to be sharing a room with a two year old."

       "Then find an apartment," Grayson said.

       "I'm not old enough to rent out an apartment," Alan said.

       "Aww, then that sucks for you," Grayson said.

       As soon as Nolan's grandparents showed up, I knew exactly what was coming. It happened with Ryder and Mae, and now it was going to happen to me and Nolan.

       Tulip came down the stairs, carrying a notebook. She then walked over to Gene and handed it to him. "Here are some wedding plans," she said. "I still don't know what kind of flowers are going to be there."

       "Tulip," Grayson said. "I think Nolan and Jerome could plan their own wedding."

       "No," Tulip said. "I am the official wedding planner of this family, same with Grandpa."

       "Since when?" Grayson asked.

       "Since Jerome proposed to Nolan," Tulip said.

       "Tulip, Jerome and I are planning our own wedding," Nolan said.

       "What? No way," Gene said. "You're my grandson, so I should have a say in this."

       "No."

       "Well then," Gene said. "I have the rudest grandchildren ever. First Ryder, now you. Who's next? Orchid? Orchid, you better let me help you plan your and Atticus's wedding."

       "Atticus and I aren't getting married," Orchid said.

       "Damn right you're not," Grayson said. "You are not becoming a Smythe at all."

       "Grayson, you and Sebastian really need to let go of that grudge you have," Poppy said.

       "Never."

       "Seriously, you're so childish."

       "Good."

       Feeling a bit hungry, I got up from the couch and went to the kitchen, grabbing a bag of chips. I know I didn't live here, and neither did Nolan, but this was still my fiance's family's house so I was able to get food if I wanted food.

       Besides, Nolan came into the kitchen shortly after I did so that made things better. "You know, I'm happy I moved out after we got engaged," he said as he poured himself a glass of lemonade. "Even the small amount of time I was living here then, Tulip wouldn't stop talking about the wedding."