Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Jerome

       One of the first events that was at the VidGalore Convention was a couples contest. Every year on VidGalore, there was a list of the top ten cutest couples on the platform, so at the convention, the top five would participate in the contest.

       Last convention, Nolan and I won and was listed as the cutest couple on the platform. We kept our title of the first cutest couple again, something that didn't please the vlogger with the highest subscriber count. Oops.

      Two of the couples in the top five from last year broke up, so it was a whole new list this year. Kind of new. Nolan and I were still the cutest, of course, and the most popular vlogger and his girlfriend were number two.

       Literally. They were crap.

       When Nolan and I got to the convention, we headed to the room where the contest was going to be held. Since we were invited there by the head of the convention, we got to go inside before the actual doors opened.

       Two other couples were there, thankfully none of them being Dirk and Cheryl. Their faces made me want to cringe.

       As soon as we sat down in one of the seats, one of the girls, Millie, looked over and gave us a smile. "Hey, congrats on your engagement," she said.

      Nolan and I smiled back. "Thank you."

      "I freaked out when I saw the video of you announcing it," she said. "So did my boyfriend. He cried."

       "What? I did not," her boyfriend, Fitz, said.

       "Well, you teared up, so if that isn't crying, then I don't know what is," Millie said.

       "Whatever."

       Ah, the famous whatever. The one word that meant you lost an argument.

       Nolan grabbed his phone out of his pocket, so I hooked my arms loosely around his neck, then rested my chin on his shoulder. "So, what are you doing?" I asked.

       "Just sending a text to my mom," he said. "She texted me to ask if I got to the convention safely, so I am reminded her that I am with you and she doesn't have to worry."

       "Hey, it's good that she's worrying," I said. "It shows that she cares about you."

       "Yeah, I know," Nolan said. "I'm surprised she let me move in with you when I'm not eighteen yet. But that was probably so I didn't have to listen to Tulip go on and on about the wedding, which she apparently she's still doing."

       "You know, we can use some of her ideas," I said. "Make her happy, even though she's a brat."

       "Don't call my sister a brat."

       "She is a brat and you know it."

       "Well, yeah, but you can't call my sister a brat."

       "But she'll be my sister-in-law soon."

       "Then you have to wait until she is your sister-in-law before you could call her a brat. You don't see me calling your siblings are brat."

       "I don't have any."

       "Exactly."

       I rolled my eyes and kissed his cheek. "You're still cute."

       "I know."

       The last two couples showed up shortly before the competition was going to begin. Dirk immediately glared at me, but I didn't care. He was just jealous at how awesome I was.