Chapter 32

Chapter 32

Jerome

       I was waiting for Nolan at the doctor's. He had his appointment right now, so I was just waiting for him to finish. I really hoped there really wasn't anything going on with him. I didn't want him to have anything else he had to deal with.

       It felt like a very long time before Nolan finally walked out of the doctor's office and back to me. "So, how is everything?" I asked.

       "Can we stop by at the pharmacy on the way home?" Nolan asked. "I have to pick up a prescription."

       "Yeah, of course," I said. "Was there anything else going on?"

       Nolan didn't say anything as we walked out of the building and headed to the car. I sighed and followed him. I unlocked the car door and we both got inside, but I didn't start up the car. 

       "You know I'm not going to go anywhere until you tell me," I said.

        Nolan sighed and rested his head on the back of the seat. "It really was something that caused my meltdown," he said. "It was this thing called adjustment disorders. It's just a bunch of symptoms caused stressful events."

       "So, are you getting medication for it?" I asked.

       "Not really," he said. "My doctor said the best treatment is to try to go back to how I was before the stressful event. The medication I have to pick up is for my anxiety since it's been really bad since I started university."

       "Well, I'm glad you're getting treatment for it," I said. I gave him a kiss before starting up the car, then beginning to drive to the pharmacy.

       "I'm thinking of taking two terms off of school," Nolan suddenly said. "Not just the summer term, but the term after that as well."

       "Really?" I asked.

       "Yeah," Nolan said. "It's just been too stressful for me. I want to wait until I'm ready to continue going to school....Is that a smart move?"

       "Of course it is," I said. "Going to school when you're stressed out will affect your grades negatively. If you don't feel like you should continue going for two terms, then you should follow that feeling. Whatever you choose, I'll be here to support you."

       Nolan smiled softly. "Thanks."

       I pulled up to the pharmacy, and Nolan quickly went inside to pick up his prescription. It didn't take him long to get back into the car and when he did, I asked if he wanted to go to a drive-through for lunch.

       He did, but like always, he had no idea where he wanted to go. He was rarely able to decide so in the end, I chose the we went to Wendy's.

       After going to the drive-through, we went back home where we were greeted by our two dogs. I handed Nolan the takeout bag so I could pet the both of them since they were so excited to see us.

       Well, Blizzard was excited to see us. Snowball was only excited to see Nolan.

       Which was actually why I got Blizzard, because Snowball was a mean little dog and I needed a dog to love me.

       Nolan put his new medication into the medicine cabinet before we both sat down on the couch to eat our food. Nolan turned on the movie to pick a movie to watch, and I was on my phone checking out all of my social media.

       And a lot of people were telling me to check out Dirk's latest video.

       I set my food on the coffee table before heading up to my bedroom and grabbed my laptop. I came back downstairs and sat on the couch, opening up my laptop and heading to the VidGalore website.