Chapter 44

Chapter 44

Jerome

       "Nolan, would you stop acting like this?" I asked as I walked into the kitchen. He had been ignoring me for quite some time now and frankly, it was getting annoying.

       "No, I won't stop acting like this," Nolan said. "I asked you what your argument almost leading to a fight with Dirk was about and you refused to tell me, so I had to watch in on TV. I had to watch him say all those things about me instead of hearing it from my own husband."

       "I didn't think they were going to air the argument on TV," I said.

       "Oh, that makes total sense," Nolan said sarcastically. "A reality TV show that people watch for drama isn't going to air an argument between the two people with the biggest feud. How could I ever think otherwise?"

       "No, I didn't think they would air it because it was a personal argument," I said. "Sorry for thinking otherwise."

       "You still could have told me! We're supposed to tell each other everything! It was in our vows!"

       "Like how you told me you were close to having a panic attack and you got drunk when I was in Montreal?"

       "That doesn't have to do with this!"

       "It goes both ways, Nolan! You can't be mad at me for telling you what Dirk said when you never told me that you needed me to come home."

       "Again, that has nothing to do with this. I didn't want to ruin your family reunion!"

       "Yeah? And I didn't want to ruin your confidence and self-esteem!"

       "Well, that already happened after having to watch what Dirk said on TV! I would rather hear it from you!"

       "What difference does it make? Either way, your confidence and self-esteem would have went down!"

        "Not as much if you were the one who told me about it! Are you even listening to what I'm saying?! You know what? Forget it. Obviously you're not." He walked passed me and started heading up the stairs.

       "So we're not even going to try talking this out?!" I called after him.

       "What's the point when you're not listening to what I'm saying?!" Nolan called back, continuing his way up the stairs. "Oh, and you're sleeping on the couch tonight!"

       "There isn't a couch in our bedroom!"

       "Then you're sleeping in the living room!" 

       "I'm not allowed to! It's against the rules! We have to sleep in our own rooms!"

       "Show me the rule book!"

       He even had the nerve to slam the bedroom door shut behind him, which made me sigh loudly. It was Sunday night, right after the next episode aired, and the production team decided to add in the argument Dirk and I had. Which was about Nolan. Dirk told me if I wanted to win, I shouldn't have brought such a weak teammate with me, and he continued to say a lot more negative things about Nolan.

       I didn't want to tell Nolan because he was a very insecure person. I should have known the production team was going to air the argument.

       Nolan may not be the strongest teammate, but he was definitely the smartest. Dirk ended up winning the second challenge of the week and took himself off the voting for elimination, so Nolan put up Paula. Dirk, Cheryl, Paula, and Bessie were still a team, so putting up Paula had to separate the team. Bessie would vote against Cheryl, and Dirk would vote against Paula.