Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Nolan

       "Whoa, your hair," Professor Dubois said as soon as Jerome and I walked into the classroom. "That's new."

        "Yeah, long story short, I lost a bet against Nolan's sister," Jerome said. "She made me dye my hair purple, but I love it a lot now. She hates that I love it."

       "It does suit you," Professor Dubois said.

       "Any hair color would suit me because I'm that hot."

       Professor Dubois chuckled. "You're always so full of yourself."

       "No, I'm really full of....Never mind."

       Oh my word, Jerome really had to stop with that. I knew what he really wanted to say, and nobody would want to hear that. I didn't even want to hear it.

       Jerome and I sat down in our regular spot right as June showed up. She immediately noticed Jerome's hair and raised an eyebrow. "What did you do? Get into a paint fight?"

       "Watch my vlogs and you would find out," Jerome said. "And I thought you were my friend."

       "I do watch your vlogs."

       "Liar. If you did, you would have known Nolan and I got engaged before I posted it online and you would have known what happened with my hair, which, by the way, looks hot."

       It really did.

       "I don't watch all of them," she said. "Just some."

       "Sure you do."

       June shrugged before sitting down behind us. "Seriously, though. Why did you choose to dye your hair purple? And I don't mean it as an insult. I'm genuinely curious. It does look hot."

       "Hey, don't hit on me with my fiance sitting beside me," Jerome said.

       "Uh, why would I care that she called you hot?" I asked.

       "You don't care if someone calls me hot?" Jerome asked.

       "Well, you are," I said. "And I only won't care if whoever calls you hot isn't for flirting purposes. I highly doubt June would be calling you hot to flirt with you."

        "Exactly," June said. "Wow, Jerome, he's smarter than you are."

        "I would take offense, but he actually is pretty intelligent," Jerome said. "Anyway, his sister dared me to go a day without roasting someone, which I failed at, and if I did fail I would have to dye my hair purple."

       "And you actually did it?"

       "I didn't have a choice. She showed up at my house with hair dye and threatened to kidnap my dog if I didn't let her dye my hair. It was worse when Nolan didn't try stopping her."

       "What? I wanted to see how you looked with purple hair," I said. "Luckily I did. You look really hot."

       "He really does," June agreed.

       "June, don't hit on me," Jerome said.

       "Yes, I call you, a guy, hot with the intention of flirting with you even though I am not attracted to guys at all," June said sarcastically. "Ooh, that reminds me. I finally came out to my dad."

       "How did he take it?" Jerome asked.

       "Surprisingly well," June said. "I mean, he was upset at first, but that was more because I took so long to tell him. So I was able to tell the rest of my family as well and they took it well too. One of my cousins said she already knew since everyone has a gay cousin and it was obvious that it was me."

       "I don't have a gay cousin," I said.

       "That's because you are the gay cousin," Jerome said.

       "....Oh."

       "Yeah, oh," Jerome said with an eye roll before leaning over and kissing my cheek. "You're cute, though."

       "Ugh, gross," June said. "Now you're making me feel even more lonely. It's hard getting a girlfriend."

       "It's not big deal," Jerome said. "I'll tell you something I told Nolan's brother when he said it's hard getting a girlfriend. I'll be turning twenty-one at the end of this year and I've never had a girlfriend before."

       June narrowed her eyes. "Not funny, Jerome. You could at least have more encouraging words to your gay buddy."

       "I'm sorry, gay buddy."

       "You know, it really hurts that I was downgraded from your gay buddy status," I said.

       "Downgraded?" Jerome asked. "Uh, you were upgraded from the gay buddy status. Remember when I asked you out? I literally said that we'll be going from gay buddies to boyfriends."

       "It still hurts."

       "Aww, it's okay," Jerome said. "I'll make it up to you."

       "How?"

       "Well, would you rather be called gay buddies or husbands?"

       "....That's not fair."

       "Yes, it is," Jerome said. "We'll be husbands, so let June be my gay buddy."

       "I don't want to be your gay buddy anymore," June said.

       "What? Why not? You literally wanted to less than a minute ago."

       "Yes, but then you started being all lovey-dovey with your fiance and if I'm your gay buddy, it would mean feeling forever alone because you have the epitome of a perfect relationship."

       "I'm sorry, gay buddy. Forgive me?"

       "Yes. But we can't be gay buddies until I get a girlfriend."

       "Aww...."

__________________

As you can tell, I JUST WANT JERLAN TO GET MARRIED so I'm powering through the chapters. :D

Their honeymoon will definitely be switched to Whistler now BECAUSE I AM SO EXCITED TO GO. It will be a lot easier describing everything since I've actually been to Whistler. AND I will be taking pictures and hopefully snapchating a lot so you can see the beauty of Whistler. :D

And speaking of, I will be bringing my laptop, but idk if I will be updating everyday. I will be writing, most likely, every day but I probably won't be able to finish a chapter in one sitting like I always do. We'll see. That's not even going to be for another month though.