Chapter 38

Chapter 38

Jerome

       As much as Nolan enjoyed Whistler, he was happy for us to be back home in Miami. I completely understood. He grew up in Miami and lived there all his life, so he was not used to the cold at all.

       That, and he really missed our dogs, so the first thing we did when we got back to Miami was went to his family's house to pick up Snowball and Blizzard. They offered to watch him while we were on our honeymoon since Ryder refused to do it this time.

       After we picked up Snowball and Blizzard and their things, we headed back home. The first thing Nolan did was flop on the couch. He kept claiming he was exhausted from the flight, even though it was a very short flight.

      I chuckled after Nolan was laying on the couch. "You're not going to unpack your belongings first?" I asked.

       "No, that's too much work," he said. "I'm really tired right now. Wanna cuddle?"

       "Nope."

       "Aww."

       "I'm just kidding," I said before laying on the couch beside him. "Would you be up to going to Whistler again? Not, like, close to now, but sometime in the future."

       "Yeah," he said. "It was really nice and beautiful. I just can't handle that much cold."

       "You wimp."

       "I'm not a wimp. It was cold, especially on the mountain."

       "You're still a wimp."

       Nolan gave me a fake laugh. "Sorry for not being used to the cold. The heat is where it's at."

       "Nah, the cold is way better."

       "Lies. You know what you can do in the heat? Go to the beach, go swimming, go camping...."

       "You know what you can do in the cold? Have hot chocolate, curl up next the the fireplace, curl up under a blanket, snuggle."

       "We can snuggle in the heat."

       "Yes, but snuggling in the cold is way better."

       "Whatever you say."

       I just kissed his cheek before pulling my phone out of my pocket to check my email. I was supposed to get one soon from the head of VidGalore with all the details about the reality TV show for vloggers. We weren't going to know exactly who was going to be in the show until we actually got to the house we were staying in, though. I was hoping we did so I could prepare myself if I knew Dirk was going there for show.

       Though it was a very high chance that he would be there. Like Nolan said, people love drama on reality TV, and the best way to create it was to get two vloggers who already had drama, which Dirk and I had a lot of. That, and he was one of the most popular vloggers on VidGalore. If they wanted views, bringing him in would get it.

       And me. Bringing me in would definitely get the views because I am so hot.

       I did get the email from the head of VidGalore, giving all the details about the show. I was so thankful when I found out that it was going to be filmed here in Miami. I mean, I would be up to going anywhere, but I wasn't sure if Nolan would. He already spent a few days away from home, and he always felt a lot more comfortable in Miami.

       "Hey, guess what?" I said.

       "What?"

       "The reality show, which they're calling VidGalore Battles, is actually going to be filmed here in Miami, and the house we're going to be staying in is close by."

       "Oh, okay. That's good. Did they say who else is on the show?"

       "Nope. It's going to be a surprise for us. The email said everyone is going to get they're on arrival time and when we get there, they'll show us the room we're in, then we wait there until they call everyone else downstairs to meet for the first time."

       "Sounds climatic."

       "It definitely will be if Dirk and Cheryl are there. I just hope someone will be there that we could team up with."

       "Team up with?"

       "Oh, yeah, basically what the show is about, we'll want to team up with people. I told you that once a week, someone gets eliminated. Well, to decide that is where the challenges come in. There will be two challenges per week. The winner of the first one will choose to people to be voted up for elimination, and the winner of the second can either choose to get one person off of elimination, be immune to elimination next week, or have an advantage towards the next challenge."

       "And if Dirk is there and wins the first challenge, he's going to put both of us up so one of us will be eliminated."

       "Exactly. So teaming up with someone will definitely help us."

       "Do you even know any vloggers that will be willing to team up with you?"

       "Anyone that Dirk also has conflict with. He has conflict with a few people, but it's barely mentioned because with me, it's really big."

       "Tell me about it. I still can't believe he told everyone we got a divorce."

       "I know. That's Dirk for you, spreading rumors that aren't true."

       "How is he still relevant?"

       "I have no idea. Anyway, we go to the house June 2nd, and our arrival time is at ten in the morning."

       "That's so early," Nolan whined.

       "Every time is too early for you. Seriously, if our arrival time was at two in the afternoon, you'd be complaining that it's too early."

       "Everything is too early. Besides, time is just an illusion, so I'm allowed to think any time is early. I will not submit to illusions."

       I smiled softly. "You can be so weird at times."

      "I know," Nolan said. "But you love me anyway."

       "That, I do," I said, smiling back before I leaned down and gave him a kiss.

________________

GUYS IF YOU SHIP MAEDER, PLEASE GO READ CHAPTER 10 OF RYDER THE LOVE EXPERT. YOU'LL UNDERSTAND WHY I WANT YOU TO ONCE YOU READ/SEE IT. (lol, if you have me on snapchat, you might not what im doing BUT YOU'LL STILL BE HAPPY IF YOU SHIP MAEDER)

Anywayyyyy I made a decision about the Protector books. There won't be a 3rd Jerlan book, but this one will probably be at least 50 chapters including the reality TV show. And afterwards, I won't be writing Tulip's book. I'll be writing Rhys's instead because I have a lot more planned for Rhys's book, and I would rather wait until The Secret of Xavier finished to write Tulip's book, and there's no way it will finish before this book.

Buuuuuuuuut you'll all love cute little cinnamon roll Rhys. I'm seriously in love his his actor and his character on The Next Step is my favourite. <3 He's a cinnamon roll on there.