Chapter 39

Chapter 39

Nolan

       Once again, my family had to watch Snowball and Blizzard since Jerome and I weren't going to be home for a while. They definitely didn't mind, especially Dad since he loved animals. He was a vet after all.

       I was really going to miss being apart from my dogs for a long time, so Dad promised to send me pictures whenever he could. We were only going to be allowed to use our phones and laptops every Sunday, so Dad was going to stock up on a lot of Snowball and Blizzard photos and videos.

       I kept double-checking my suitcase to make sure I had everything because once we got to the house, we weren't going to be allowed to come back to get anything.

       Jerome checked his suitcase only once after packing because he had done it so many times after travelling for dance competitions. After he saw me check my suitcase yet again, he decided to help me out by saying everything I would need and me checking if I had it.

       "Is that everything?" I asked when Jerome finished saying things I would need.

       "Yep," he said. "Wait....Do you have your medication?"

       "Uh, no," I said. "I'll grab that once we get downstairs. But other than that, that's everything, right?"

       Jerome nodded. "Yeah. We should probably get going anyway. The taxi that's going to take us there is probably going to arrive any minute."

       We took our suitcases and our backpacks down the stairs before I headed to the kitchen where the medicine cabinet was. I grabbed my medication and placed it into my backpack, right as I heard a car honk outside of the house.

       Jerome and I left the house and locked the door behind him. The taxi driver got out of the car and helped us place our luggage into the trunk. We both thanked him before getting into the car and the driver taking us to the house we were staying at.

       Jerome leaned over in the seat to talk to the driver. "So, any chance you can tell us any of the other contestants?" he asked.

       "I am sworn to secrecy," the driver said. "I cannot say anything about who else will be there."

       "You say you can't say anything, but what about blinking?" Jerome asked. "I can say a vloggers name, and you blink once for no, and twice for yes."

       "I'm pretty sure I would be fired then," he said. "I'm not just the taxi driver. I'm also going to be helping out with some of the competitions."

       "And how would they know if you told me?" Jerome asked.

       "Because of the camera that is in the car to get a first look at the contestants when I pick them up," he said.

       Jerome sighed. "Fine, fine. I guess I'll have to wait. Although, are there any rules about checking the camera footage to see who else you picked up?"

       "Jerome," I said. "Really?"

       "What? I'm curious," Jerome said.

       "You can wait," I said.

       "Fine," he said once again. 

       It took a while to get to the house we would be staying in. Once the driver pulled into the driveway, I was completely blown away. The house was huge and this only from seeing the outside.

       Jerome and I got out of the car and went to the trunk to get our luggage out. Afterwards, we were met by a friendly looking lady. "Hello, Jerome and Nolan," she said. "I'm Lucy, and I am the host of the show. Do you have any questions before I show you your rooms?"