Chapter 22

Chapter 22

Jerome

       "I have feeling so accomplished right now," I said as I walked over to Ryder and Mae in one of our classes we shared together this school term. I needed one more dance class, and Ryder and Mae decided to take it for their final elective they needed.

       It was definitely going to be an easy A for all of us since our studio had won Internationals quite a few times.

       And it helped that Ryder owned the studio.

       "Why?" Ryder asked. "And why is your hair blue?"

       "Uh, because I wanted to dye my hair," I said in an obvious tone. "I liked having purple hair, so I wanted to try another color."

       "So my sister didn't force you to dye your hair this time?" Ryder asked.

       "No," I said. 

       "Huh."

       "How about you fight me?"

       "Nah, I don't want to hurt you too badly."

       "I don't like you."

       "Good, because I don't like you too."

       Mae snorted. "Wow. You two used to refer to reach other as best friends, and now you're saying you can't stand each other? What happened?"

       "He's annoying," Ryder said.

       "Do you hate all of your in-laws?" Mae asked. "Is that a thing for you?"

       "Yes."

       "I can see that," Mae said with an eye roll before looking at me. "So, why do you feel so accomplished?"

       "Oh, because yesterday, the VidGalore Top Ten videos were published," I said. "One again, Nolan and I were the first cutest couple, and this time, I made it into the Top Five for most popular vloggers."

      "Ooh, nice job," Mae said.

      "Yeah, and now I'm waiting for Dirk to say something about it," I said. "I swear, he has a secret obsession for me. I wouldn't be surprised if he was a shrine."

       "That seems highly likely," Mae said. "Seriously, he goes out of his way make videos trying to bash you. The only thing you do is reply to what he says."

       "Exactly," I said. "And throw shade, but I only throw shade when he says something to me."

        The professor came into the dance room right as the class began. She started talking about the class and how it would go, then told us that she wanted to see what our styles were like she since didn't know everyone.

       To do that, we had to get into trios. Perfect.

       Ryder, Mae, and I decided to be a trio, no matter how much Ryder objected it.

       "You know, I could have picked someone else to be my best man at the wedding," I said. "Do you really have a thing against all of your sibling-in-laws?"

       "Yes."

       "I think he's moody because he wants a baby but he can't have one yet," Mae said.

       "Aww, baby," Ryder said. "I want a baby."

       Mae rolled her eyes. "See? Ryder, I told you, when we're done university, we'll try for a baby, and this is our last time. Can you wait for four more months?"