Chapter 49

Chapter 49

Nolan

       I really wasn't ready for the final challenge. Jerome tried making me feel a lot more confident in myself and even though I felt better that Jerome had a lot of confidence in me, I was really worried.

       It was worse that the final challenge was actually going to be on live TV. That put a whole lot more pressure on me.

      The live broadcast had already started half an hour before the final challenge was going to begin so the show could have their normal hour time slot. Besides, it also showed everyone what was going on before the challenge.

      Which included Jerome and Dirk arguing.

       I walked down the stairs, seeing them arguing as usually and I was going to intervene, but then I heard what Dirk said. "He's not going to win against me," he said. "He's the weakest person here."

       "The weakest?" Jerome asked. "Really? Because the only reason why I tried so hard to keep him in the game was because I knew he's probably the biggest threat you have."

       Dirk snorted. "Oh, really?"

       "Yes, really," Jerome said. "Did anyone else win a challenge in less than five minutes? Because if I recall, Nolan did. And the only reason you're in the final round is because I hurt my wrist and Nolan is way too caring to just ask if I was okay and not see for himself."

       "So, that's one challenge he won in less than five minutes," Dirk said. "What about the ones he lost in less than five minutes. You know, like the log challenge."

       "Oh, the one that I won and you lost because you got distracted by some girls?" Jerome asked. 

       "Okay, that was natural," Dirk said. "I'm telling you, Nolan isn't going to win today."

       "You are very sure of yourself," Jerome said. "He wouldn't have made it this far if he was a weak competitor."

       "No, he wouldn't have made it this far if he didn't win fan favourite all those times," Dirk said.

       "Yeah, which he did by being himself," Jerome said. "I'm telling you, as soon as the challenge starts, we better be prepared to lose because he is going to kick your ass."

       Dirk snorted, the same smirk on his face he always had. "Oh, come on. You may be confident in him, but he isn't even confident in himself to win." Dirk then pushed passed Jerome before walking away.

       Jerome sighed and I walked over to him. "You heard all of that, didn't you?" he asked.

       "Yeah," I said. "And I'm definitely going to try my hardest to win today."

       Jerome smiled and pulled me into a hug. "You are going to do amazing today, hubby."

       I laughed slightly. "Still not going to stop emphasizing husband, are you?"

       "Nope. Because I love you."

       "Well, I love you too."

       Jerome smiled even wider and pressed his lips on mine, but then Lucy's voice appeared on the intercom, telling everyone to meet in the backyard. Since there was only two of us left in the competition, we weren't going to have a fan favourite.

       Probably because I would have won again because Dirk definitely wasn't going to win.

       I was really nervous to see what the final challenge was going to be. I was honestly going to be fine if there was some physicality in it as long as we had to use our brains as well. If it was pure physical, I was for sure going to lose.