Maya meets An Unexpected Guest

Another week passed. Lucas and I kept flirting with each other. It hadn't escalated from where we were, other than the fact that we were a lot more frequent, and it wasn't one sided. I hadn't kissed him yet but Zay  was waiting on the edge of his seat.

Riley was still oblivious. And Farkle was still pining after Riley despite the fact that she liked Charlie. Charlie hadn't really shown any interest in her but she didn't seem to notice.

Everything was rolling smoothly until Josh came back to town.

"My Brotha!" The voice made me freeze as Corey stood up and hugged his younger brother.

"Hey Josh." Riley smiled leaping up to see her uncle.  I on the other hand stayed still. After Josh greeted all the Matthews he sat down beside me.

"So Maya can I give you a ride to school? I want to talk to you." I felt everyone's eyes on me so I nodded.

"What about me?" Riley pouted.

"I can give you a drive honey." Mr Matthews told his daughter before escorting her out the door.

"Shall we?"

"Sure." I followed him to his car. He opened the passenger door for me and I got in while he made his way to the drivers seat. He started the car then began to speak.

"Christmas break is coming up." He started. "I'm going to be home for a few weeks..." home meaning the Matthews guest room.

"Okay..."

"Which means we can spend some time together. Get to know each other more...test out the waters." I didn't know how to react. On one hand, I've always wanted things to work with Josh. On the other this could throw off my whole plan with Lucas then I got an idea.

"Okay but I don't want Riley to know." I knew if Riley didn't know than there was no chance Lucas would know. Plus I would just take a break from him over the holidays, really make him miss me.

"Why?"

"Just you being her uncle and me being her best friend, it's a little weird for her and I want to know if things will work before we drag her into the mess." Josh nodded in understanding, a smile spreading across his handsome face.

We pulled up to the school and I opened the door ready to leave.

"Don't I get a kiss goodbye?" I rolled my eyes, a small giggle escaping my lips as I leaned forward to kiss his cheek. He turned his head so I pecked him on the lips. When I pulled away I noticed he was smirking.

"Bye Boing." I laughed as I shut the door. He rolled down the window.

"Bye Maya!" He winked. He drove away leaving me alone in front of the school. That is until I was approached by a cranky cowboy.

"Who was that?" He snapped, his eyes watching Joshs car go by.

"Josh." I stated nonchalantly. Lucas was not so casual about the encounter.

"So you're with him again?"

"We never were and we aren't now." I scoffed. Sure we spent the night together and kissed a bit but that was irrelevant.

"You know what I mean Maya." Lucas was clearly jealous and I saw a flash of his old self in his eyes.

"Aw is Hucklebewwy a wittle jealous?" I mocked him sticking out my lip in a fake pout.

We had three more days of school so if I was going to make him miss me over the break, I needed to be a little more...physical with him.

"Maybe I am." He spoke through clenched teeth. His jaw was tensed and the look made him even hotter then he already was.

"Hmmm. " I pulled a piece of scrap paper out of my bag and scribbled a note to him. "Don't be late." I smirked seductively before slipping the note in his back pocket, squeezing his ass in the process. I sauntered away knowing he was reading the note in complete and utter...

Shock.