• 4

Lulu P.O.V.

When I walked into the house, music hit me like a slap in the face. Cam was listening to his music on blast in his room which means one of two things. Either something bad happened at University or mother is probably home, more then likely the first one. My head was pounding worse then earlier so I started to walk up the stairs until my hair got pulled and my back was in contact with the tiles and I was staring into a familiar pair of green eyes. She reeked of alcohol and her breath were slow and ragged.

"I'm back." She singed in a quiet voice with her hot breathe fanning my cheek.

"Let. Go." I whispered slowly so Cam couldn't hear us, he couldn't know that she was still doing this. The only reason he's here instead of a dorm room like a normal 19 year old, he stayed here encase mother did this again.

"Now why would I do that?" She slurred as her grip tightened and leaned in closer until she was centimeters away from our faces touching.

"Now. I don't want to hurt you." That was my attempt of always trying to calm her down, but she never did. If anything she got worse and worse.

Ever since my dad's death it was like whatever was left in her body floated away with my dads life. At first she cried every night when she thought we were asleep and then she would give us weak smiles and tried to carry on as if life itself was still perfect and peachy. As time went on she couldn't take it anymore so every morning she would be gone before Cam and I were awake and then at dinner time she would come home later then usual and drunk to the point were she would fall asleep on the pathway into the house.

"You could never hurt me anymore Lulu. You hurt me when you killed your father. It's your fault." Mother slurred into my ear which caused me to freeze and go numb. The memories where coming back into my head at a fast rate. "It should have been you, not him. Never him."

She pulled out a knife and I couldn't react I just stayed there frozen as she dragged the knife from my cheekbone to the bottom of my chin. I should be defending myself, but I can't she's my mother whether or not if this is right. My body was still motionless and numb from all the memories and emotions that rammed into me. When she was done she laughed and then walked towards the kitchen as my body hit the tiles. Curling into a fetus position I let the tears fall and I continued to let the memories haunt me.

"Daddy!" I jumped with joy when I saw him in the backyard, holding a hand over his stomach. He turned and smiled.

"Lu, Cam!" He opened his arms and bended down as we ran towards him and tackled him to the floor. The doorbell rang and Cam ran to open it, before he came back out with Jax following him.

"Jax!" I ran towards him and gave him a bear hug as he returned it and we went back to dad.

Dad played tag with us for awhile until mom came home and she suggested we all played hide and seek. After hide and seek we all sat in a circle on the dirt as the sun started to hide behind Jax's house. Mom tucked her head into the crevice of dad's neck and he gave a small kiss on her forehead.

"Ew." We all said in unison, causing my parents to laugh.

"Do you know why we played hide and seek?" Dad looked at all of us and we all shook our heads. "Well we played because in life there are a lot of surprises hiding behind every nook and corner. If you seek, you will find-- good or bad."

I stood up and bolted towards my room since I couldn't let Cam see what she did to me. Locking my door behind me, I went into my bathroom and snatched some medical tape along with some tissues. When I looked in the mirror I wasn't surprised to see dried blood on my face and a girl I didn't recognize staring back at me. The girl staring back at me had a hallowed look in her eyes and she is weak.

I looked away before I would end up crying again and remembering how much I look like my dad. He was my world. When he died I couldn't handle anything, I remember crying all night. During the day I would wake up in the corner of my room-- clutching my teddy bear closely towards my chest-- and I would scream and kick anyone who came near me or tried to touch me.

After cleaning up the blood on my face I put on the medical tape. Opening the bathroom door, I nearly fell when I saw Cam sitting on my bed while scrolling through his phone and next to him was his tools that he used to pick lock. I tried to turn around before he saw my face but I failed when he looked at me and patted the empty space next to him. Slowly, I trudged towards him and plopped down, avoiding eye contact.

"Lu, let me see." I shook my head and he sighed before making me look at him. His eyes blazed with anger and his top lip twitched to a scowl when he was looking over the tape, but he masked it as quickly as it came. "Why didn't you scream or yell?"

"I didn't want to worry you."

"Lu, you already worry me with the fact that you took over dad's gang. It wouldn't matter if I worried or not, what worries me is your safety." I nodded my head before brought me into a hug and I tucked my head into the crook of his neck. I let the tears fall freely as he slowly pats my back.

"I'm so weak." I bitterly laugh and he pulls way with his hands on my shoulders.

"Crying is not weak, Lu. You have just been too strong for too long. I'm going to talk to her, ok?" Cam gently squeezes my shoulders and I nod my head before he tucks me into bed and then gently places a kiss on my forehead. Little did he know, I wouldn't be getting much sleep tonight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What do you guys think? I hate Lulu's mom to be honest. Anyways please don't forget to vote, comment, and share. Thx!

~ XoXo Jayy