(28)

Jax's P.O.V.

After the party, I drove home, I couldn't handle the fact that Lulu wasn't mines anymore. My grip on the steering wheel causes me knuckles to become white, as I pull into my driveway and slam the door shut. I walk through the front door only to feel something or someone collide with my leg. Looking down, I meet a pair of  bright blue eyes and a toothy smile- that's missing one front tooth. I weakly smile as I pick up Halsey and walk into the kitchen to find mom running to the fridge and making a mess.

"Hey mom, you're making a mess." I tell her as I sit Halsey down on the beige tile counter.

"I know honey, I'm looking for the green beans." Mom says, without looking at me and still digging through the fridge.

"It's in the bottom right sliding compartment." I say as I grab the red apple from the wooden bowl lying in the middle of the table.

"Found it! Thanks honey." She runs to the stove, and throws them onto the pain, adding butter and garlic.

"Mhm." I say in response as I take a huge bite out of the apple.

"So, how was the party?" She wipes her forehead with the back of her hand.

"Alexis came back into town." I say while looking at Halsey. A laugh comes from me as I notice how Halsey's forehead is creased and her little eyes narrowed at me.

"I never liked that girl, Alexis." Mom says her name with disgust as it rolls off her tongue. I stay silent as she gives Halsey the plates and hands me the cups. "She was a terrible girl, she still probably is." Mom yells from the kitchen. I stay silent as Halsey and I set up the table for dinner.

"What happened?" Halsey whispers as she puts the last plate down. I raise my eyebrow at her to which she just rolls her eyes and shakes her head in disapproval. "You aren't talking today." She states while mom comes out of the kitchen with the pan of green beans.

"You're smart for a 9 year old." I state while mom goes back into kitchen.

"I know-" She says as we sit down "-now what's wrong?"

"Nothing." I say as mom comes out with a tray of BBQ ribs.

We ate dinner, listening to Halsey talking about her day and a usual head nod from me once and awhile. Mom sent me a curious look a couple of times when she thought I wasn't looking, mom had sent Halsey up to bed while her and I cleaned up the table and set all the dishes in the sink.

"What happened today? You're awfully quiet." Mom speaks up as I had one foot through the kitchen doorway.

"Ugh, nothing?" I say which turns into more of a question.

"Jax, you can tell me." 

"I'm fine, mom." I put a thumbs up to indicate that I'm fine. She turns to look at me as she sighs and turns back around, leaving me to stare at her back.

"No one is ever fine.." She whispers to herself.

"Mom, is something-"

"Go to bed honey, you have school tomorrow." She says as she rinses the dishes.

"Does this have something to-"

"Will you check if Halsey is asleep for me?" 

"Fine." I sigh in defeat as I walk upstairs to Halsey's room. I silently open Halsey's door and find her sound asleep, I look around and I stop when my eyes land on a picture. It was a picture from 2 years ago when we took a family vacation to Hawaii-- the last trip with dad. Closing her door quietly, I walk into my bedroom, strip into my boxers, turn off the bed, and walk into bed.

My screen flashes as I take it off its' charging stand, and stare at my wallpaper. It's a picture from when Lulu and I where smoking-- Jace and Quince took the picture-- and we both have a smile on our faces. I smile at the picture until the screen turns off, I turn it back on and look at the messages. 1 Imessage from Baby Cakes.

Baby Cakes- Go wit Alexis. U both deserve each other. U know y? Cuz u both r heartless people that ruin ppls lives. I've given u one too many chances. 24 min ago

I put my phone back on its' charger as I lay there, staring at the ceiling. Letting the darkness consume my thoughts and emotions as I let sleep drag me away from this drama.

My ringtone brings me out of my sleep as I slowly open my eyes and look around the room, it's still dark and the only thing that makes my room bright is my phone that's sitting next to me. Reaching over to grab my phone, I fail, making me fall off my bed, and onto the floor with a loud thump. Standing up, I grab my phone and slide the green circle and brig the phone to my ear.

"Get dressed lazy douchebag." The voice on the other end says.

"Who is this?" I slur as I bring the phone away from my ear.

"Quince. Meet Jace and I at the gang house." Quince commands before hanging up. 

I slowly walk towards my drawers, and put on what I think is a black wife beater, gray joggers, and black Vanz- I'm too lazy to turn on the light so I'm getting dressed in the dark. Grabbing my keys, I walk out the front door and towards my car.

*****************

I walk up the stairs, down three halls, and walk into the first door on the left--my office. Slamming my door, I plop down into my seat and narrow my eyes at the twins. 

"What the hell do you guys want at-" I look at the clock hanging on the wall "-3 in the morning!" I boom.

"How do you feel without Lulu?" Quince ask while folding his arms over his chest.

"I'm fine-"

"Tell the truth." Jace says.

"We could have talked about this over the phone you-"

"Answer the question." The twins command in a serious tone.

"I'm lost without her." I say while avoiding eye contact. The boys nod their head, then turn their attention back to me and put on a serious face.

"The Blades gang has backed out of the war, but Black Roses hasn't." Quince says while Jace goes back on his phone. I nod my head as they get up and walk towards the door.

"We have a plan to get you and Lulu back together." Jace says, and they both walk out the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you guys enjoyed! Good news..........I'm in the making of book #2 and #3 for my 'Broken Love' series!!!!1 :)))

 Plz don't forget to vote, comment, and share. Thx!

~XoXo Jayy