ELEVEN

>EDITED 12/2/17<

Jax's P.O.V.

"You don't have a right to hit him." Mom says in a calm matter.

"Yes, I do!" Dad shouts back. I barge into the room to see mom with blood coming from her temple and nose, along with sprinkled on her delicate features. He raises his hand just as I push him away from mom. His eyes turn into an icy glare and his face flushes red with rage. Dad pushes past me as he pins mom to the floor and raises his fist but pauses.

"Put your hands in the air!" A female voice says from the doorway. Dad puts his hand up in surrender as the lady nods her head in dad's direction as the male cops handcuffs him.

"You're under arrest for child abuse and assault!" She says still holding the pistol in his direction. "Anything you say will be used against you in the court of law."

**********

"Mom. You ok?" I ask while examining her face.

"I'm fine, honey." She chuckles. Tiny footsteps come into the room and jump onto mom as it takes only seconds to realize it's Halsey. I ruffle her hair up as I pick her up and take her to her room to be put to sleep. After gently placing her in bed, I kiss her forehead and quietly close her door, being careful not to wake her, that girl can be a real demon when she's awakened.

"Night honey." Mom says from her doorway.

"But mom we have-"

"We will talk about this in the morning Jax. Good night." She says sternly.

"But your cuts-"

"I'll be fine. Go rest you have school tomorrow." She says while closing her bedroom door.

"Night mom." I mutter while walking off to my room.

As soon as I walk in I pull my shirt off and jump into bed, letting the darkness over power me. 4:53 am flashes on my screen as I manage to push myself off of my comfortable bed and walk out towards my balcony and climb my way to the roof. I stare out towards Lulus roof when I notice a familiar raven colored hair sitting with her knees brought to her chest. I throw a rope over there which she catches successfully and I rope walk my way over to her and sit down beside her. As the sun slowly rises I look over and see a dark purple deformed circle forming directly on her right eye, another deep cut directly under her left temple to her high cheek bones, and the same cut on her right cheek forming into a scar. 

"Don't ask." Lulu states, never breaking eye contact from the rising sun.

"Don't shut me out, baby cakes." I whisper, while stroking the scar on her right cheek.

"I'm not, I just don't like telling people about my personal life."

"Hey, wanna hear something that will make you smile." She stays quiet so I take that as my cue to keep talking. "What's worth more than a diamond, but the same as love?"