NINE

>EDITED 12/2/17<

Lulu's P.O.V.

After my sparing match with Jax I head off to the locker rooms to shower and then change into clothes that aren't sweaty and smell like B.O. I grabbed my backpack from my locker and sighed when I saw how crowded the halls where with everyone shoving each other to hurry up and leave to their next class. The only people that are actually standing still are the students leaning on their lockers doing things that I shouldn't mention.

"Lulu! Wait up!" As soon as I heard his voice I started to walk towards my last period class while he kept screaming my name at the top of his lungs. A tug on my elbow caused me to jerk to a stop and I glared at his hand then at him.

"What do you want dipstick?" Jax let's go and leaves his arms to hang limply at his sides.

"I just wanted to talk about a second chance?" His request causes me to scoff. Why would I give a guy that I don't like a second chance? Especially the one guy that left when I needed him most.

"When it hails in summer." A feet away stands Aaron with a frown tattooed onto his face and his eyebrows drawn down to form a V. I watched as Aaron shook his head before turning around and walking away from me, with his muscles flexing as if they're taunting me to chase after him. At this moment, I will.

As fast as my legs could carry me I pushed past people to try to get to Aaron, but it was hard with Jax screaming my name and people trying to push me back to him. It's like this ocean of students are begging me to go back to shore-- to be safe-- but I can't let my best friend drown on his own, not without a fight.  Anger took over me as I knocked people over and when I was close enough to Aaron, I grasped his bicep as he stopped and looked over his shoulder at me with cold, emotionless eyes.

"What?" He growled, only loud enough for us to hear as people clear a path away from us.

"Why are you leaving? Did I do something wrong?" My voice cracks as something flashes in his features, but he changes his face back to being a stone.

"Did you do something wrong?" Aaron scowls down at me as I drop my hand to my side and he turns so his whole body is facing me. "Why can't you except how I feel about you? God damn it I almost kissed you at the ice cream parlor and you act as if you don't know." He spit the words out with so much venom, I got a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach. I couldn't do anything but watch as he walked away from me without even one look back, and just like that another person from my life who left.

"Sweat heart? Are you ok?" Dad ask, sitting next to me on the bright green grass as the summer breeze blows strands of my pigtails in my face.

"Why does everything bad happen to me dad?" I ask, tears pouring down my face.

"Sweet heart, look at me." He says softly while picking me up and sitting me on his lap. I look into his deep brown eyes that always hold happiness but now show only pity-- something I don't want.