(18)

Lulu's P.O.V.

Sighing, I throw my keys onto the couch and head upstairs, but pause when muffled voices come from the kitchen. I carefully walk to the kitchen and pause outside the door, cupping a hand around my ear and pressing my ear against the door.  Hearing nothing, I put my hand on the cold rusty door knob and turn it causing it to make a loud creaky noise-- mentally face palming myself-- the muffled voices stop and foot steps come towards the door. I run as quick as I can, but come to a halt and freeze in my steps.

"Lu.." Cam says suspiciously.

"Yes?" I say in an innocent voice.

"Where you eavesdropping?" He ask with  a playful smirk on his face.

"Pfft...whaaaaat? Nooooooo..." I nervously laugh.

"Lu what did you-" Cam gets cut off as the kitchen door open and closes as I lock eyes with Ryder. His face turns into stone and stares at me as if I'm the bad guy. I gladly return his stare as I scoff and walk up the stairs to my bedroom.

"Cupcake, you can't avoid me.." He grips my wrist as I turn toward him and punch him in his jaw, watching a satisfying bruise slowly forming.

"Don't call me cupcake. Don't take to me. Ever." I growl while walking to my room and slamming the door, making sure to lock it. I slide down my door, bringing my knees to my chest, I let all my pain out as my nails dig into my palms. Sitting with bloody hands in the dark, not new.

"Daddy!" I squeal while running into his arms.

"Hey princess, I'm guessing you had a great day?" He chuckles.

"No. But you're here so I happy now!" Smiling, showing how I have no two front teeth.

"What happened?" Dad ask while carrying me to the couch and sitting me next to him. I climb on his lap as he lets out a laugh and sets me on the empty space next to him.

"People are mean." I pout while folding my arms. "I was crying and no one asked me what's wrong!"

"Well.. what was wrong?" 

"I don't know, I just started crying." He laughs in response.

"Sweet heart, a word of advice is, don't show your emotions. Sometimes you have to be strong and fake a smile so people won't worry." Dad says while planting a gentle kiss on my forehead.

A soft knock on on my door brings me out of my current state as I turn on the light and check my phone. 3 texts from Oliver. 2 from My possession. 1 from Aaron. I run a hand through my hair as I check Jax's message first.

My Possession- Hey baby cakes?42 Min ago