Keith ~ Half Galra

*This was requested by BlueVanillaMint*

You placed a large, comfy hat on your head before leaving the room, making sure the jacket you wore covered your neck as well as your torso. Because you were part Galra you, of course, had characteristics of them. You had pale purple skin, bigger then average but not normal Galra sized ears, and your arms you always kept covered because of their hairy/bulkiness.

You lived with the Paladins of the lions of Voltron, but they didn't know you were part Galra, despite looking more Galra-like than human too. That was the reason for the clothes and hat: to disguise your features.

Honestly you weren't sure how you'd made it this far without them figuring out. Maybe they never bothered to, or maybe they already knew they just didn't say anything. That would be nice.

It happened as you were walking into to breakfast that you stumbled upon the scene at the table. A food fight was happening between the Paladins, Coran and Allura nowhere in sight. Your eyes widened seeing the intensity of the fight, reminding you of other battles between the Galra empire and other planets who put up a fight. But the planets didn't know just how big the empire was and were beaten within a couple ticks.

You shivered and frowned at the fight. Even if they were smiling, laughing, and only having fun, it wasn't something you particularly enjoyed seeing.

Then a stray handful of glop sailed towards you and knocked your hat off. You gasped and dropped to the ground to pick it back up before someone saw your ears. Surprisingly inconveniently, that also happened to be the time Allura and Coran came through the doors you did, which was right behind you. You plopped the hat back on your head and stood up, frightened more than you thought you'd be. You tried to reassure yourself they probably didn't see your ears, that or they already knew and you wouldn't 'get in trouble' per say.

Allura didn't move from the doorway, instead staring at you suspiciously. You tried to even out your breathing to make you seem less conspicuous but you didn't think it was working. Allura then stepped forward and knocked your hat off your head and you knew instantly you were doomed.

A couple gasps behind you made you sigh and hang your head. Allura didn't say anything for a moment, just simply nodded to herself. You couldn't see behind you but you assumed the Paladins had shocked expression, maybe some of them were glaring.

You hoped Keith wasn't glaring at you, you didn't want him to distrust you. To be honest, you liked him. The chances of him liking you back were one in a million but it would still hurt.

"You're a Galra." Allura said. You weren't sure if that was a question or statement, but it concluded that you were wrong on your hopeful theory that they already knew.

"I'm actually only part Galra." You weren't sure if that was worth noting, but you mentioned it anyway. "I'm also half human." Nobody said anything. "Are you...mad?" It was the most obvious and reasonable emotion they would be experiencing.

"Why did you hide that from us?" Shiro asked, his voice calm as usual. That surprised you, but he still looked slightly annoyed for not admitting it so you didn't think you'd be able to stay just yet.

"Well I thought you wouldn't accept me. And, um, I knew you'd probably help me since you're nice, but I thought I'd be killed if I told you I was Galra." That would make sense to them, right?

"What if she's a spy?" Keith asked, folding his arms and sending a harsh look in your direction.

"I promise I've done nothing of the sort!" You spoke up immediately.

"And we can trust you?" He retorted. "The word of a Galra?"

"I've never lied to you!" Why did it have to be him that wouldn't believe you? Warm water flooded your eyes but you kept it at bay. Keith didn't look remotely ready to believe you, and although you understood that, couldn't he give you a chance? "What do you want me to do to prove it?"

"Die slowly-"

"Keith!" Shiro shouted. Your eyes met the floor and you sighed.

"Should I just leave?" You started walking towards the doors before they could answer.

"I guess." Allura watched you walk off then exhaled, her eyes meeting the Paladins. She understood why you did what you did, as long as you actually weren't working against them, and she guessed Shiro did to, but the others she wasn't sure. "What do we do with her?"

You walked off, feeling the water leave your eyes and travel down your cheeks. You knew they hated the Galra, some of them more than others, but they knew you were nice. Never had you ever tried to hurt them except for that one time when you used a fork to threaten Hunk to back away from your food, but they knew you meant no harm. Why the hate, then?

You leaned against a wall, which just so happened to have a kind of window to see out of. All of space lay just outside the little transparent boundary, and all those tiny pinpricks of light were far away stars that you'd probably never get to see. And around those stars were planets, with things on them that you may never get to know. Maybe they weren't enslaved by the Galra yet, or maybe their sun was about to cause a supernova, or maybe they had found a way to destroy the entire universe and were going to right now.

Hearing footsteps behind you, you turned your head to see Keith approach you. Your eyes switched to the floor.

"They said I should talk to you." He let out a sigh, like he had better things to do at the moment. "We've decided you can stay."

"Wait, really?" Your eyes lit up as you faced him.

"Yes." He looked out the window for a few seconds then sighed again. "I don't actually want you to leave."

"Then what-"

"I just thought since you're a Galra you can't be trusted. But you're different, you aren't trying to kill us." Then he snickered, something that greatly surprised you. "Well, there was that one time you almost killed Hunk..."

"Sorry about that." You rubbed your arm, embarrassed. It had scared the pants offa Hunk and you regretted it, especially cause everyone else in the room thought you were actually gonna poke him with the utensil.

"Do most Galra keep a journal?" He asked randomly. An odd question, you didn't know anybody who did.

"No, why?"

"Because I found yours." He held up the small book. Correction: you didn't know anybody besides yourself who had one. You tried grabbing it but he held it out of reach.

"You didn't read it, did you?!" You had stored all your private thoughts in that thing, if he'd read it...

"Front to back." He answered almost proudly. You blanched. "But," he handed it back to you, "I must say, you really like me, don't you?" Your cheeks instantly became red.

"Erm-"

"And you like to fantasize, I remember reading." He took a step toward you and you quickly shook your head.

"Fantasize? What's a fantasize?" You laughed forcibly, very obviously trying to act natural. Keith raised an eyebrow and you stood frozen, battling between admiring him and getting away because he was definitely in your bubble.

But then he leaned down and you decided him being in your bubble whenever he wanted was perfectly fine with you, because the next thing you knew his lips touched yours. You took in air sharply, shocked the feeling was so wonderful. His lips moved against yours and you kissed back automatically, almost purring. However, as soon as you felt you were on cloud 9, he pulled away.

"You know, when I said die slowly I meant live a long life. You're dying ever so slowly right now." He commented. Surprisingly, you found yourself smiling.

"That's a nice thought." It wasn't, honestly, but you hadn't fully come down from your high.

"Well it's better than dying slowly by means of torture."

"Yeah, I guess." You nodded, eyes drawn to his lips. He noticed this and grinned, before connecting your lips once more.