He Cries

*everyone cries, even guys, so what would happen if you caught your man shedding tears?*

Takashi Shirogane

The last mission had gone badly, and as much as you tried to convince them it could've been worse, it really couldn't have. The only thing to ruin everyone's day even more would be if they all died, but then you would've had no one to convince they did the best they could. Shiro was taking the blame, being the leader he felt it was by default his fault.

This mission seemed to get to him more than the others, or maybe perhaps it was all the previous failures combined finally getting under his skin. Either way, the emotion became too much and the tears made treks down his face. He thought he'd be ok in his room, nobody would come in or know, but he forgot his girlfriend was known for visiting randomly.

"Honey, what's wrong?!" You shouted, spotting him in his broken state. He looked up surprised, but seeing your concerned expression made him curl up and look away.

"Go away." You could hear he didn't mean it, was barely able to get the words out, so you made your way over.

"Darling, if there's anything I know it's that I'm not leaving until you're ok."

"Please (Y/N)." He pleaded, still not meeting your eyes. It was embarrassing and made him feel like more of a failure then he already was to be spotted in his condition. "Leave."

"If you think I'm going to leave you," you were shouting at this point, "then so help me-" Seeing you now had his attention and he could finally look up at you, you didn't finish that thought. "Baby, I can't just leave you here without feeling like a piece of crap, so you're kinda stuck with me helping you."

He sighed. "Fine."

"Now, tell me what's bothering you." You sat down beside him, ready to hug him, kiss him, hold him and tell him it'll be ok. Because if he was alive, it would be.

Lance McClain

It wasn't unknown that the Blue Paladin missed home, but with the large number in his family it'd be a surprise if he didn't. They didn't show how hard the distance from Earth hurt him, and he'd never be caught dead crying in front of his teammates, but he didn't expect anyone to walk in on him.

You froze seeing your boyfriend's head on the table, his shoulders shaking with suppressed sobs. You could see the tears reflecting off the table.

"Um..." You mumbled, not sure whether or not to walk out. Lance didn't hear you so you could've exited without him noticing, but you wouldn't be able to look at him the same. It wasn't often you'd stumble across a crying person and have to decide what to do.

Then he turned his head so he was facing you, but his eyes remained squeezed shut. You opened your mouth to call out to him, intent on asking him if he was ok before stopping. Of course he wasn't ok! Swallowing, you stepped on quiet feet towards him, coming up with every possible solution to his problem.

His eyes suddenly opened a crack and you froze up. Through the water in his eyes he wasn't able to make you out, just many blurred shapes, but as more tears streamed out and the water left his eyes, he could see clearer and clearer. Until...

"(Y/N)." Lance croaked. His voice sounded unused, like he'd been asleep for a few days and just decided to talk.

"Hey, um, I can leave if you want." You paused. "I mean, if you don't want me to bother you, I can pretend I saw nothing." You didn't think you were blushing too hard, yet at least.