Shiro ~ Soulmate

Soulmate AU where your partner's last words are tattooed on your wrist (explained more below)

(Where I got the pun in the shot^)

You reeled back and punched the Galran sentry in the face, causing it to fall backwards and crash into the sentries behind it. They all fell over like dominos and you gripped your hand with a grimace. Ouch. You weren't a paladin so you didn't have the advantage of a bayard, but you could usually figure out an unknown weapon fast enough to be able to use it, if there was a weapon to use. Right now you didn't have one in your possession so your fists had to do.

You took a step back as another sentry tried to hit you in the face with its gun, and before you could punch it, something bright purple sliced through its stomach and it collapsed to the ground in two pieces. You looked up at Shiro with a smile and he offered a small grin in response.

Spotting something behind him, you dropped to the ground and snatched the split-in-half-sentry's gun. You shot the Galran from between Shiro's legs and he spun around to see the soldier collapse. You rolled to your feet and huffed.

"How much longer do we have to hold out?" You glared at the approaching enemies like it was their fault you had to wait here.

"Pidge, how is it coming?" Shiro asked, communicating via helmet to Pidge. It took a second but you heard her reply of

"I'm paladin." You would've laughed if it hadn't been for the sentry that nearly snuck up on you and shot you in the back. You spun around and shot it in the head. Another sentry took its place and you shot that one down too, but a soldier took that chance to charge at you from the side and knock you to the ground.

You recovered from the blow to the head but your vision was still a little off as you tried to shove the fat thing off you. It was a struggle but eventually you off-balanced it and it fell to the ground, allowing you to climb on top of it and punch it in the face til it got knocked out. The soldiers were more difficult to take down than the sentries.

You rolled off the soldier and grabbed the gun you had stolen, shooting a few sentries as you got back to your feet. Shiro shoved a few sentries away and swiped his glowing hand across them, cutting them all in half. He took a breather as he asked Pidge if she was done. He must've gotten the ok because he waved you over and started towards the exit.