Lance ~ Snapchat

*this was requested by: sabrinamarie24 (sorry for the long wait!)*

You sat with your feet up on the table, sitting alone like you had been for the past 5 minutes. You were waiting on your boyfriend, Lance, to come back with food. He said he knew how to cook so you requested he bring you one of his finest dishes. You weren't expecting something too great, especially being in space and all, but seeing what he could do greatly intrigued you.

As you waited you had your phone out with the Snapchat app open. Crazy thing really, but somehow you were able to get connection and the app worked. You weren't real sure how it worked, but all you knew was that it only worked within the vicinity of the Castle and you couldn't see anyone else's stuff unless they were in the Castle. [Just go along with it, I know it's pretty unrealistic :)]

Hearing someone approach, you turned off your phone and turned your head towards the noise, spotting the source fairly quickly. Lance was coming towards you with two silver platters, a cover on each so you couldn't see what was on them. Your feet dropped to the floor as you set your phone on the chair opposite the way your boyfriend was coming in.

"What'd ya make?" You asked, trying to smell what it could be. You didn't receive a single whiff of anything and blamed that on the food being covered.

"You'll just have to wait and see." Lance smirked, being extra careful to walk slower than his normal pace so suspense would build. You watched as he set the tray down carefully, but before you could take off the cover, his hand lay on top of it. You frowned at him; he knew what you were going to do. "You have to wait before you can see what it is." He explained, taking all the time in the world to place his plate in front of him and sit down next to you, his hand not relieving any pressure on your cover.

"Lance." You whined. Then, with the grace of a swan, he pulled the cover off and set it down right behind your plate, the whole movement done in an instant. On the plate lay.....green goop. Your incredulous look sent him laughing, nearly putting his hand in his plate of goo when he smacked the table. "This is what I waited..." you checked the time on your phone. "7 minutes for?"

"Cooking is Hunk's thing." Lance said. He picked up a spoon and dipped it into his 'masterpiece'.

"Was this worth using some shiny silver covers for?"

"Yes."

You sighed, but a grin still found its way onto your features. "Thanks."

"No problem." He grinned with a handful of goop already in his mouth. You giggled, rolling your eyes.

He stared at you for a few seconds, listening to what he liked calling music-to-his-ears. His girlfriend's giggle was probably the cutest thing he'd ever heard, and will ever hear.

Wanting to hear it again, he took a finger, stuck it in the goop on his plate, and smeared it on her lips. He knew it was cheesy, but he got what he was aiming for. You giggled, which made him smile.

You poked his cheek and grinned, your laughter ceasing to exist in the atmosphere for a moment. Licking the green slime off your lips, you swallowed it.

"I'd say you get 7 out of 10 stars on the food." You pretended to think as you added "The texture was pretty gross but the taste you can get used to, so that's why it didn't get an 8. Also, you're pretty cute, that's why you got 2 extra stars. All in all, I'd say..." You paused to cause suspense, and according to his expression, it was working. "Let Hunk cook." He frowned as you started eating your own food (not surprisingly it tasted the same as Lance's).

"That's not-"

"Bedtime you two." Shirt stood in the doorway, his hands resting at his hips. The look reminded you of your mother; she would do the same thing. She always appeared relaxed when she did that so you knew you weren't in trouble (she crossed her arms whenever she was mad).

"Okay."

"Yes dad."

"...Are you eating?" His eyes landed on the dishes in front of you both but he didn't move an inch.

"Yeah." That wasn't a bad thing was it?

"Don't eat too much right before bed." The beginning of a frown was already forming on his face.

"Okay." You and Lance said. He didn't waste time in turning to leave, probably to tell the others the same thing. It was almost like you all had a get-in-bed-at-this-time routine that you were supposed to remember. Except Shiro knew you never remembered so he always told you guys when the time was.

You put some more goo in your mouth, wondering if Lance had been in the kitchen longer than 7 minutes because it was already 'night time'. Being in space made it difficult to know the difference between day and night, and your phones weren't much help (it gave you the old time on Earth but different solar systems have different circulatory cycles {revolutions} and....etc).

"Don't stay up too late either." Shiro stuck his head back through the doorway, startling you.

"We get it." Lance sighed. You'd heard this before, it wasn't new news. You still weren't going to listen just like every other time.

Once Shiro was gone you both took care of the plates and went to your own rooms (after a quick kiss of course). Then you pulled up Snapchat and waited for Lance to come on. Just as you were thinking about what tonight's conversation would hold, your boyfriend sent you a snap. You laughed quietly at the goofy photo then sent one back.

"You're so cute" a message he just sent read.

"Aww thanks honey" you sent back.

"Anything for you Pooh-bear"

"Anything you say munchkin?" you raised an eyebrow.

"You're the munchkin, munchkin"

"Fine sweetheart. But did you really mean anything?"

"Within reason sugar plumb"

"That takes going back to Earth out of the question then"

Time always seemed to fly when you were messaging each other, so it was no surprise to you when you realized you'd been talking for 10 minutes. You two often talked at night like this, but the cute names tonight were a, well, cute plus. 

There was silence between the both of you for some time, so you tried to start the conversation up again.

"Who's the best fighter on the Voltron team, honey-bun?"

"Me"

"Who's the worst, baby?"

"You"

"!!!"

"I'm kidding, beautiful"

"I sure hope so"

"Come on, smile, it makes you look prettier" he always knew when you weren't smiling, even when you weren't in the same room.

"..."

"Babe..."

"I'm smiling, I'm smiling"

"Picture proof?"

You rolled your eyes but sent him your proof.

"There ya go, there's my beautiful princess"

"Alright handsome, it's getting late. It's time for my knight in blue armor to go night-night" the clock on your phone read 2 a.m.

"Awww"

"Sweet dreams Lance"

You could almost hear his sigh before the message "Night (Y/N)" came through.