Keith ~ Protective Boyfriend

*the idea, talked about in the comments of this very book (Kind Of Boyfriend part); the conversation I screenshoted and put at the end of the one shot*

@_its_me_bish and @Miss_Jeager_Girl helped with the idea (which you'll see in the screenshots)

Keith sat up with a start. Any hint of drowsiness that would be expected (him having just woken up and all) were nonexistent. His protective boyfriend senses were tingling, and that could only mean one thing: someone was flirting with his shy little (Y/N).

As he sprinted off the couch he fell asleep on, he huffed. Every male alien the group had come across had decided that his girlfriend looked ready and willing to hook up with themself and laid it on thick so she'd get the message and go with them. 

This didn't fly with Keith, not one bit, but it wasn't like you'd go with them anyway. You were (like previously stated) shy and not too willing to hop in some random dude's ship.

Keith could only wonder who was disturbing his (Y/N) now.

You, however, were listening to Lance talk to you and trying to figure some way out of the conversation. You'd come up with many ideas, lots of them lies about needing to do something or other, but they just sounded like excuses to you, so they were deemed not good enough. Lance ended his sentence with a tone suggesting it was a question and you promptly nodded, still pretending to pay attention.

Suddenly, Keith came sliding in on the tile floor with ankle high socks on and came to a perfect stop between you and the flirty boy in front of you. You blinked.

"Yo, no, back off bro." Keith's arms were folded and he had an expression to match his words. He wasn't pleased. Lance fumbled for words as you sighed.

"Keith, this is the fourth time this week!" You cried, putting a palm to your forehead. It was making you slightly embarrassed.

"Lance isn't allowed to flirt with you." He said, arms still tightly folded as he continued to look the blue Paladin in the eyes.

"It was harmless." Lance rolled his eyes.

"She didn't like it."

"Says who?"

"Says me."

"She can take care of herself." You assumed he meant that as a compliment to you but Keith didn't view it that way.

"Have you seen those male-"

"Guys..." You successfully got their attention, but having them both look at you made you blush and not say anything. Gosh dang being shy.

"Yeah (Y/N)?" Your boyfriend asked, waiting for you to finish with a soft look in his eyes.

"Just don't fight." You replied before walking off. Once you had turned the corner, Keith faced Lance.

"Don't touch her." Lance held up his hands in surrender and turned to leave. Keith watched him leave with a scowl before going to find you. After that short exchange he needed some cuddles, and you were the perfect cuddle buddy (even if your face got super red whenever cuddling happened).

*that was about as good as I could get it without inspiration, and I know I kinda failed, but here you are anyway. Again, below is the comment conversation*