You Die

*we all die at one point. this is probably how your life will end*

^sad music if you'd like to listen to it

Black Paladin

You wandered around the planet team Voltron had decided to rest on to hide from Zarkon. You made sure to stay within sight of the group at all times, mostly because Allura warned you this place wasn't all that safe but also because Shiro didn't want to lose you on this huge planet. He figured it'd take hours to find you again if you disappeared, and they didn't have that kind of time.

So here you were, at the very edge of the group's vision, squatting beside a plant. It was peculiarly shaped and colored yellow and pink. You weren't sure what to make of it, as its appearance was so odd. Then you saw eyes open on the so called 'plant'.

You fell onto your butt as you stared with wide eyes at the creature slowly creeping towards you. You should've been running, but your body seemed frozen in place. Its glowing neon eyes were fixated on yours while it ever so slowly came closer and closer. When it was within an arm length of you, you regained control of your body and made a break for it. It lunged for you and missed, then snarled angrily and gave chase.

"Shiro!" You shouted, waving your arms wildly in the air. His head shot up instantly and his eyes widened considerably at seeing the thing chasing you. He immediately ran towards you, his metal arm glowing purple.

But he wasn't fast enough.

The thing leapt forward and sank its teeth into your calf. You screamed and fell to the ground, smacking your head on the dirty ground. Dazed and in pain, you grimaced and closed your eyes to attempt to hold back tears. You heard a whoosh and an agitated hiss before a cry of agony came from the monster. Your hand moved towards the spot you were bit and you found two distinct puncture wounds with no blood coming from them.

Suddenly you felt your leg clench up, like someone was gripping your muscle tightly and digging their nails into it, and you cried out. Your leg began shaking uncontrollably while what felt like red hot fire spread through your veins starting from your leg.

"(Y/N)? (Y/N)!" Shiro shouted, picking you up in his arms and bringing you onto his lap. Your eyes opened a smidge just to look at him, and even with what little he could see, he could still spot the pain in them. The fire was moving up your leg and onto your torso, and gradually the rest of your body started shaking.

You had no clue what was going on, how could you if you didn't know what the thing was that attacked you? But somehow, in the back of your mind, you knew you were going to die. There was so many things you wanted to say to Shiro. First you wanted to apologize for not being everything he deserved and for not spending more time with him. Then you wanted to tell him he needed to move on from you, get with someone better, and defeat the Galra. Maybe you'd say something like 'Kill Zarkon for me'. And finally, you wanted your dying breath to be 'I love you'.

But you didn't get to say any of that. Your brain shut down, your heart stopped, and there was nothing any of the paladins or Alteans could do to bring you back. And Shiro was left on the dirty planet's surface, holding a dead body tightly in his arms while the corpse of the monster that took her from him was behind him, slashed to pieces. He never got to say goodbye.

Blue Paladin

You were looking into the eyes of death. Zarkon had you by your throat and was holding you up for the paladins to see. They were flying around him in their lions, shooting the Galra ships, but at your capture they halted. Zarkon held you up higher and you desperately clamped onto his arm to avoid choking.