14: Beauty & the Beast Scene

A/N: This is inspired by the recent live action Beauty and the Beast from Disney, but the stories are based off the classic slightly adjusted to fit the show more. Enjoy!

Sherlock: Mrs. Hudson had asked you over to meet Sherlock. She thought that it would bring him to be more civilized around other people in upscale meetings. This idea came from a recent invitation to a formal gathering that Sherlock was being forced to attend. Mycroft urged that it would look bad on the both of them if he didn't show, so Mrs. Hudson took it upon herself to make him behave.

You were both sitting at the table after the science equipment had been cleared off. The detective sat at the opposite end of the table from you and continuously drank tea without bothering to touch the food on his plate. You cleared your throat in hopes that he would understand the signal. He didn't get it.

"Sherlock, you can't just gulp down buckets of tea at the table. Eat what's on your plate and try not to make a mess or use your fingers." You sighed, getting the impression that he was basically a child in disguise.

"Really, (Y/N)? The thought never dawned on me." He replied sarcastically.

"Hey, I'm just doing what Mrs. Hudson asked me to. You wouldn't disrespect her and neither would I."

"Then please, show me how to properly consume this dish."

You carefully picked up smaller amounts of food with your fork, ensuring that it wouldn't stain the corners of your mouth. Sherlock mimicked you and put effort into proving that he was perfectly capable of eating in public. Unfortunately, he missed a few times when he got distracted and his lips were coated in a red sauce.

You chuckled before informing him: "You've got a bit of something on your mouth."

"Oh, em, uh...thank you?" He replied questioningly and swiping a napkin over his face.

John: The doctor had asked you to accompany him to a formal ball that Mycroft requested he and Sherlock come to under the invitation of some important political figure. It took hours for you to prepare yourself and finally meet with John at the venue. Wealthy people dressed in luxurious garments were already meandering around the ballroom floor, talking to one another and sipping from champagne glasses while a string quartet played on the stage. John was speqking to Sherlock as you entered the massive room, slowly descending the staircase and capturing the gaze of all the party goers. John came towards you at the foot of the staircase and took your hand, using only the most gentleman-like gestures with you.

In the center of the room, he pulled you into a waltz and everyone's eyes were fixed upon the stunning couple. You felt slightly uncomfortable by their stares, but looking into John's eyes made you forget about any other people around as you became lost in the deep shades of brown. You both glided over the reflective marble flooring and spent the entire night dancing together.

Moriarty: People have always said that curiosity killed the cat, and they weren't wrong. You were bored of sitting inside on such a lovely day and went out for a walk, following a less-populated road to an unknown destination. After continuing for a long while, you came upon a grand establishment- an older mansion with English Ivy growing over parts of it and a tall gate built around. Thinking that it was abandoned, you went through the gates carefully and came to the front doors. Surprisingly, they were unlocked.

"Hello? Is there anyone here? It was growing quite dark and I couldn't find any other buildings around." You said loudly to announce your presence to any possible resident.

"Go away!" A defeaning growl shouted from somewhere, echoing through the vast interior.

"I'm sorry, I would leave but I don't know of any place I could go at this time." You responded shyly to the frightening resident.