38: Musical Instruments

Sherlock: With his ability to play the violin expertly, Sherlock was happy that you played a different one that compliment his own. Instead of a string instrument, however, you were skilled in a traditional woodwind (flute/clarinet/oboe/etc). You two were able to play beautifully eloquent duets together with an almost arousing energy sparking between you. John would even leave the room if you two were playing a duet together.

John: In his youth, John was taught to play some simple pieces on the piano and you coached him to play some more difficult songs. You were actually quite good at the piano as well as teaching it to him. He even encouraged you to teach young kids how to play as side career. John was always impressed at your ability to flit your fingers over the keys so quickly.

Moriarty: He seemed to have an admiration for violinists, for you and Sherlock both did. The elegant poise and emotion being conveyed through the music reflected your inner passion. Jim admired how dedicated you were to the art and observed you intently whenever you played.

Lestrade: Greg found it interesting that you're secret talent was playing a variety of percussion instruments, specifically the drums. Your in-depth understanding of rhythm allowed you to create full-bodied music without anything but a drum kit. He could also request you to play the bass beats of some songs that he liked.

Mycroft: The proud, cheerful tone of your brass instrument (trumpet/trombone/horn/etc) sounded wonderful to, surprisingly, the both of you. Your fingers quickly shifted over the various parts of the gleaming instrument to elude joyous and celebratory music. Even with proper posture and stylistic elements, there were times when you had to play a long note and had to take a very large inhale to sustain it; your cheeks would be puffed full of air and the expression you made was quite funny.

Molly: You specialized in a more mainstream instrument- the guitar. It wasn't unimpressive, but quite beautiful in fact. Molly enjoyed listening to you try playing her favorite songs on it. There were also occasions where you would attempt to play a more classical, Spanish-style of guitar music. You even tried teaching the mousy pathologist how to play a few of the easier chords.

Irene: She loved deep and smooth tones that could be made from your cello (or bass). The velvety notes were made even better with your application of stylistic qualities and turned a song into a delicate expression of emotion, vivacious scene, or silky dance. Irene never bothered to try playing though, knowing that she wouldn't sound nearly as good as you did.