49: Poolside

Sherlock: The bright sun was a lovely contrast to the usual rain of London. You both were on a tropical holiday and currently enjoying the pool. Sherlock's wet hair was darker and even curlier than usual, his thin frame dripping with droplets of water as he stood up. You were soaking in the rays of sunshine on a nearby chair.

"Join me?" He asked.

"No, it's comfortable up here. But there's a chair beside me if you'd like to dry off." You suggested.

He took your offer and placed his sunglasses over his crystal eyes, purposely splashing some of the cool water over your body. You squealed at the contact and he kissed the back of your hand like an unspoken apology.

John: The doctor was holding his young daughter at the edge of the pool while you stood just below in order to catch her. Rosie was afraid to jump into the water on her own and John was trying to help her get over this phobia.

"Come on, Rosie! You've got to jump. (Y/N) will catch you as soon as I let go." He reassured her.

She took in a deep breath, closing her eyes briefly to gather courage, and leapt into your open arms. A smile grew across Rosie's face as she realized that she was okay and giggled in joy. John hopped into the water not long after to hug his daughter for her bravery.

Moriarty: The rare chance that Jim wasn't wearing a suit was likely during a holiday when you both were sitting beside a pool. You stood on the bottom, staring out over the picturesque landscape surrounding you two. All of the criminal's workers were sent away in order for him to be completely free of his work, unless of course there was a drastic emergency. Nevertheless, he took the opportunity to spend more time with you and could barely keep his hands to himself. 

"I can't help it, darling. That's as if I asked you to stop being so alluring." He teased.

A blush tinged your cheeks as you crept back under the water and swam across the pool to avoid further conversing the topic.

Lestrade: You both owned a timeshare in Mexico, a common place for your holidays together. The weather was perfectly the opposite of London and you could enjoy wearing light summer clothes in the sunshine. The hotel at which you owned a room was elegantly decorated and well-kept: lush gardens, bright flowers, clean buildings, modern furniture, simple architecture, and several activities going on just at the hotel. Greg and you were currently enjoying one of the several pools, hanging beside the drinks bar. It was relaxing simply standing there with a cold glass in your hand beside him.

"We should retire here and never go back to England. It's so cold there." You joked.

"I can agree with that." Greg said, lifting his glass as if it were a toast.

Mycroft: Being a bit more insecure, Mycroft didn't initially want to go to the pool on your holiday together. You eventually managed to convinced him to join you and assured him that he was overreacting. His cheerful expression throughout the whole time spent in the warm water made him seem so child-like. The new attitude greatly contrasted from his generally serious demeanor in the most positive way possible. No other people were around at the time that you two arrived and it remained that way for the whole time you were there. An idea came to your mind as you crept up behind Mycroft, splashing up two handfuls of the water onto him.

He responded exactly how you predicted he would: "Was that entirely necessary, (Y/N)?"

"Yes." You nodded with a cheeky smile on your glowing face.

"Oh really? Then I suppose so is this..." Mycroft trailed off, collecting water in his own hands to dump over your head, starting a full-on water fight.

Molly: After a long swim in the tropical waters of your holiday together, Molly and you relaxed on the nearby lounge chairs. Sweet, fresh fruit was in abundance- a perfect refreshment to enjoy in the just-below-sweltering heat. However, the afternoon Sun burned over your skin and made sitting around too hot of an activity while diving into the pool would be too cold in contrast.

"I've got an idea." Molly announced from her seat, slipping the sunglasses off of her brown doe-eyes.

"And that is?" You questioned.

"Ice cream!" She shouted happily.

You quickly agreed with her brilliant thought. The delicious dessert was fantastic for relieving your bodies of the high temperature without making you feel freezing.

Irene: Partially under the policies of her security and your own enjoyment together, any holidays you took were incredibly private. There were no people other than locals for miles from the place in which you were staying. Sometimes it meant that you couldn't visit major travel sites, even though you could venture to a few areas safely. Luckily, there was a pool to spend time in together. Irene also loved the opportunity to show off her new and stylish pieces of swimwear.

"How's this one, (Y/N)?" She questioned, posing before a mirror in a navy single-piece swimsuit with multiple cutouts along the sides.

"You look lovely in all of them. Just choose whichever one you like best." You suggested.

"Well that isn't exactly a decisive answer, now is it dear?" She said whilst pulling her lips into a tight, doubtful expression and still looking at herself from various angles.