15: Grocery Shopping

Sherlock: "Do you want me to get you anything while I'm out?" You asked the detective sitting in his leather chair.

"Hydrogen peroxide, shortbread biscuits,-" He began listing items off on his fingers just as you cut him off.

"Why don't you come with me? Since you have such a particular taste in items and a long list of them. You never come with me anyways."

He looked down at the floor before continuing: "Well (Y/N)," He cleared his throat, "I have been banned from a good amount of the shops around here for various reasons."

"Are there any that you are allowed to go to?"

"A few but they're further away."

"Good thing cabs exist, Sherlock. Lest go." You said, prodding him towards the door while taking his coat for him.

John: "Is this a habit of yours?" You questioned, staring at John's frustrated face.

"What?" He turned to face you with milk in his hand.

"Getting into rows with scanners." You smirked, making fun of him.

He huffed and continued, trying to carefully scan each item to make sure that the machine didn't malfunction again. You bit your lip to hold in your laughing when him scanning the next several items made the machine beep in all sorts of weird noises.

"Sod this, you do 'em then if you find this so funny." He said, giving up.

Taking up a bag of vegetables, you entered in the code and continued scanning through each one without any problems. It pissed him off.

Moriarty: Even though he was an extremely powerful criminal, it wasn't common for people to recognize him in a random shop. You brought him along one time and left him alone in an aisle to look at something per his wishes. You went on to find some bread.

A warning went off in the shop's intercom within minutes after a strange fizzing noise was heard: "Clean-up needed in Aisle 4 and take the dark-haired man with the white shirt in to questioning from manager."

Immediately realizing that it was Jim causing trouble, you ran towards the back of the shop where he was likely taken. You walked back and asked some workers for the manager's office since you knew the perpetrator of the mess.

"Right in here, ma'am." A young teenage boy said, pointing to a doorway with a simple name-tag placard over it.

You stepped inside and saw Jim sitting across a small table from the shop manager.

"And who are you?" The boisterous woman asked.

"I'm with this idiot." You stated and sat beside the criminal.

"I'm sorry." She mumbled loud enough to hear.

"Don't be. He's wonderful. What's he done?" You questioned.

"Released Mentos candies into soda bottles to make explosions."

Lestrade: He got bored following you around most of the time since he didn't care much of the things you selected. He enjoyed everything you did, which was wonderful that you had a partner to share everything with.

"Hey, we're watching a film tonight so we should get popcorn and some other items to eat while it plays." You suggested.

"Sounds good, (Y/N)." Greg agreed.

"Stay right here and I'll come back. Anything you want me to get for you?"

"Any sort of chocolates or crisps. I don't know, (Y/N). You know what I like."

You smiled from giddiness and rushed off around the shop to collect everything you deemed necessary for the movie night. Candy, chocolates, popcorn, crisps, and biscuits were the few things that you grabbed. Greg's eyes widened slightly in surprise that you were able to carry so much in your arms. Your film-watching evening was very enjoyable and you didn't care one bit about the sheer amount of food that you ate with Lestrade. You were also lucky that Sherlock didn't interrupt.

Mycroft:
Molly: "This is why we needed to decide the recipe at home before we came here!" Molly declared to you as the two of you stared at a wall of baking ingredients.

"I'm sorry, I can't possibly decide between various kinds of desserts! You choose." You replied.

"Fine." She huffed and began taking different things from shelves to bring home.

"Wait, no! I don't care for those." You objected as she grabbed an item you considered disgusting.

"You said you didn't care." Molly crossed her arms with a teasing smile.

"Okay fine, I care a little bit." You admitted.

The rest of the shopping trip went on without any debate over food since you didn't care much what Molly chose and simply reminded her of anything that she happened to forget.

Later, the both of you came home and made a cake. Most of the effort came from Molly since she had more practice, but you still helped out with the delicious dessert.

Irene: Irene went to the shop by herself most of the time since she enjoyed picking out items for herself on her own. She would return with several bags from various stores, not just groceries, and order Kate to sort them out. The one recent time she took you along was an interesting experience.

She led you down a row of items necessary for her work, as she had run out. You uncomfortably stood beside her, anxious to move away from the section of the store.

"Would you like to go get something else we need, darling?" Irene suggested.

"Sure." You nodded, glad that she made her proposition and speeding off to leave her there.

You met up with her later, before paying for everything, and carefully peeked into the bag with products that she picked up.

"Would you like to sample them when we get home before anyone else gets to try?" She asked suggestively.