78: Kids

Sherlock: With the dangerous work the detective was involved in, he couldn't bear to put people he cared for into said danger. The decision you both made was to have one or two kids- which is what happened, as your family gained an addition of identical twins that loved playing tricks on everyone.

John: Rosie was all that you both needed to occupy your busy lives, especially when Sherlock is involved. Having to take care of the young girl and watch out for the detective all the time made gaining another child seem impossibly tiring. You two were happy enough with Rosie.

Moriarty: There was a bit of disagreement over this subject, as Jim wanted a small army of his own children while you weren't sure you could handle it. In the end, he became a wonderfully caring father who made your kids' lives as positive as he could. That was, without the fact that he was a criminal mastermind.

Lestrade: Both of you liked a traditional lifestyle, and that applied to your growing family. You decided to have three kids, which seemed to be a crowd for many, but it meant that they would all watch out for each other and keep each other company. Even through the difficulty of managing them all, the friends you guys had helped out as much as possible.

Mycroft: Mycroft wasn't very good with children, and you didn't mind not having any. Children didn't define the contemporary family anyways, plus they'd be safe from the possibility of uncle Sherlock. That just allowed you to have more room and time for the adoring pets you brought home.

Molly: The pathologist had worked her butt off at St. Bart's and she was placed in a very high position at the morgue. Her success further encouraged you two to have multiple kids- two sets of twins actually. They were all so sweet and kind, exactly like Molly, which allowed the family to be perfectly functional.

Irene: The interference of her work prevented you both from growing a family but you kept multiple pets at home. Eventually, when Irene was ready, you decided to adopt a child and provide a lavish life in Belgravia for them.