36: Studying

Sherlock: The physics textbook lay open over the kitchen table, pushing away several pieces of Sherlock's science equipment. You sighed in frustration with your head in your hands, finding it difficult to focus on the boring subject. Several of the same example problems over and over again crowded each page with varying complexities. This was the hardship of cramming before a test. You finally gave up.

"Why aren't you studying?" Sherlock's voice echoed in the room, waking you from a nap.

"Uh? Physics is boring..." Your sleep-riddled voice grumbled.

"If you want to succeed, I suggest you persue another strategy. Just memorize it all and apply it to when you take the exam." Sherlock proposed.

"I'm not you! I don't have a fancy mind palace!" You whined, throwing your head down into the textbook with arms crossed over it.

John: "John!" You shouted from across the hallway.

"What is it, (Y/N)?" The doctor questioned, walking over to you.

Your finger pointed down at the section on bacteria and viruses within your biology textbook. The pleading look in your eyes told him everything he needed to know. He sat down beside you and sighed, trying to recall everything he knew about the specifically mentioned examples.

"So the difference between these two processes is..." He began explaining the topic to you.

After his long spiel of knowledge as a doctor, your brain seemed fried with an overflow of information that you couldn't quite process as quickly as he spoke of it. You thanked him but admitted that you couldn't understand his explanation very well. The only other option you had was to search everything up on the internet in hopes to find something useful. Luckily, that brought you some success.

Moriarty: Your fingers tapped away at a computer keyboard, clacking madly at a constant rate. Jim was having tea at the same coffee table that your laptop was resting upon and grew concerned at what you were doing.

"It almost sounds like you're typing on the keyboard randomly, (Y/N). However, I know you better than to assume that you're keyboard smashing." He commented.

"Essay. Pressing. Don't even know what I'm writing about." You mumbled in broken sentences, eyes never leaving the screen.

"Calm down, adding absolutely everything into one sentence isn't necessary. Finish whatever you're writing and I'll read over it."

Your gaze finally tore away from the computer and looked up into Jim's brown irises. He showed a small smile as he flipped the laptop's position over to face him. This let you take a break for the first time in hours since the essay took up so much of your time. You didn't even remember what you were writing about, nor if your claim was even sustained throughout the piece.

Lestrade: In the wee hours of dawn, you were still awake with bags forming under your tired eyes. The research paper was due that same day, just hours later. You still hadn't finished it out of procrastination and regretted everything you'd done to prevent the completion of this work.

"What are you doing awake, (Y/N)?" Greg's voice asked from behind you.

Turning around, you responded in a rough voice: "I may or may not have waited until the last minute to finish my research paper."

"Aww, good luck. But you shouldn't let your work mess with your health, darling." He kissed your forehead.

"I know but I can't just leave this."

"How about I help you make this the last time you procrastinate?"

You nodded, filled to the brim with drowsiness and continuing your assignment.

Mycroft: "Mycroft! Please come here!" You called out to him.

He walked over to where you were seated and crane his neck over to see what you were looking at on your laptop.

"What is this?" He asked with furrowed brows at the blank document.

"I'm supposed to write a thesis on a piece of classic literature. I read one of the suggested books but there's nothing that I can think of doing."

"Allow me to assist you."

"That was kind of the point of me shouting for you."

Mycroft's face turned almost irritated at your sassy comment, having dealt with so many from Sherlock. He asked you guiding questions while you basically found ways to get him to do the majority of the work. You were too exhausted to think about it.

Molly: You had to add one of your least favorite classes to your schedule from school requirements. The textbook for the class sat open as your head rested upon it. You couldn't stand reading any more of the material and fell asleep. After napping for quite a while, Molly found you passed out over a large collection of papers from the class. She gently tried waking you up.

"Hey, (Y/N), you fell asleep in your work." She said quietly with a suppressed smile trying to appear on her face.

"Oh. Thanks for waking me, but I don't even care anymore. This is just so boring." You complained and fell back down over the textbook.

Molly chuckled and left you alone afterwards.

Irene: Unsuprisingly, Irene was quite intelligent given her show-off behavior around Sherlock Holmes. This came in handy when you just couldn't think straight any longer and she was willing to help you. Irene had a way with words that every person who read your work considered to be brilliant.

"(Y/N), this sentence could be adjusted to make the point clearer." Irene commented, bending over the table to read your writing.

"Okay, I'll fix it. Thanks for editing it." You smiled politely, incredibly grateful for her valuable input.

She tapped at the keyboard, deleting certain words and adding others, working to make the writing more complex. Lucky for you, the edits she made got you a high grade for the assignment and it greatly helped your overall grade.