18: Meeting your Family

Sherlock: He dressed nicely, as he always did but you could tell that his actions were tinged with nerves. Sherlock didn't want your parents to hate him and neither did you, obviously, but there was a chance that he could tick them off on accident. They knew about his ability to deduce people without ever experiencing it on their own. You crossed your fingers that Sherlock would be able to draw the line with them when they arrived. They came shortly and smiled upon seeing the two of you together, striking up a conversation with Sherlock before informing you about their lives or questioning you about yours. By the end of the night, it was clear that your parents liked Sherlock and he was putting a lot of effort into keeping them pleaded with him. It was adorable how vulnerable and eager to please he was for a high-functioning sociopath.

John: You weren't too concerned about John making a good impression on your family at the dinner tonight. However, you hoped your family wouldn't make John feel awkward or embarrass you. Both of you dressed formally to meet with your family members. They all welcomed John warmly, and proceeded in telling him stories about you as a child. Your cheeks stayed bright red through the whole evening. The moment that your family inexplicitly excused you from dinner, you pulled John along to leave quickly. He was still laughing at the stories your family told him of but you convinced yourself to think of the positive- John fit right in with everyone else.

Moriarty: Fearing that your parents would object to him, you decided to let him meet your sibling (or closest friend) first. He obviously wouldn't reveal what he did for a living, but you had to ensure that nothing slipped out of his mouth or sounded too creepy. Your sibling/friend appeared at a local cafe where you met them with Jim at your side. He took orders and went to stand in line whilst the two of you chatted. Your sibling/friend was impressed at his gentlemanly behavior and sharp eye for style, as he looked very elegant in his suit. After he returned with the orders, Jim sat down and conversed with your sibling/friend to make the situation less discomforting. When they left, you sighed in relief as Jim put down the acting persona that he did under your wish for him to be less threatening-sounding.

Lestrade:
Mycroft:
Molly:
Irene: