Sal x Madeline

"Who is it, Madeline?" Your roommate Karoline questions, after your phone buzzes a few times in a row while sitting on the coffee table. "Sal..." You answer her confused. The two of you had ended your relationship quite abruptly over a month ago and you hadn't heard from him since then; it wasn't like you wanted to hear from him anyways. The breakup was hard for you and you hadn't even bother finding out how he was taking it. 'Can we meet up?' 'Please' 'We need to talk.' The texts read. "What does he want?" She questions again. "He wants to meet up and talk." "What about?" "I don't know, he didn't say." You sit the phone down with no reply to his question. "What are you going to do?" "I'm not sure. I don't know what he wants to talk about." You pick your phone back up and decide to agree to a meeting. The next morning, your nerves start to get to you as you walk only a few blocks to the Starbucks that Sal had suggested as a meeting place. (You are wearing the outfit above.) Your brown eyes are scanning the coffee shop to find him. He is already sitting at a corner table when you walk in. He holds up an extra coffee allowing you to skip the line and just walk straight over to the table. "Hey Sal. How are you?" You ask him, leaving a small kiss on his cheek before you sit down. "Okay, I guess." "You guess?" You question. His tone was off and you were unsure as to why. "This wasn't right," he begins, leaving you still in confusion. "Breaking us apart wasn't right." "It was your decision Sal," you remind him and he winces. "Yes I know, but it's been the worst decision I have ever made. All I do is think about what I could be doing with you. It's you all the time, I think about you all of the time." "Look, just because you think about me doesn't mean we are meant to be together. I mean I will admit the break up was one of the hardest things I have ever had to go through but you can't just say that thinking about me all of the time is justification for getting back together after you said all of those things to me that night." Your words immediately transport him to the night he ended it with you. He was drunk and let everything come out. His voice shouted obscene hatred for you with no explanation as to why. He remembers nothing from that night, but the morning after is something he will never forget. Everything that was yours was gone, which included you. You had left him a note about how hurtful he had been and how hearing him say he didn't want you anymore was probably the most heartbreaking thing he could have ever said to you. The night was horrendous. "I understand that, but you have to believe me that I regret every bit of it." "So you regret what you don't even remember. Sal, that doesn't make any sense." "I'm trying my best here," he begins, his eyes beginning to glass over with tears. "I need you in my life and whether it's just friends for now I don't care. I just need you around. I need to wake up and see your jeans laying in the floor and your hairbrush by the sink. I need you in my life." You try your best to take in everything he is saying to you with reason. He had obviously been hurting this last month or so but was it enough to bring him back into your life?

Hope you like it!