Q x Ellie

"How long have we been dating?" My brown eyes looking up from the magazine that I was flipping through on the dining table. "I'm sorry?" Brian walks into the room and takes a seat in the chair across from me. "How long have you and I been dating?" "I'm not entirely sure. Close to a year, I think." He rubs at his jaw, a clear sign something is up. "Why do you ask, Bri?" "Well, it's just that don't you think it's weird that we haven't told anyone about us?" I close my magazine and take a moment to consider his words. In all honesty, people not knowing about Brian and I hasn't bothered me. Sure there was some speculation here and there when I would show up at events or be in the crowd at shows. But I always had the mentality that our relationship was my business and no one else's. "I mean, it doesn't really bother me not telling people. And I thought we were on the same page about this." "We are! It's not so much that it bothers me. I just... I want to be able to take you out properly." I smile at his words. "Brian, you know I don't need anything like that. I love just being here with you and having nights in with Chinese takeout and enormous pillow forts." He chuckles. "Believe me, Ellie. I love those nights more than anything. But I want to take you out. I want to show you off. You know, spoil you a bit." He smiles, and I can't help but return the gesture. "You do know what it will mean to the fans when we go public, right?" He shrugs. "I'm not going to pretend it won't suck, but I'm always here for you. Nothing they can say or do will change the fact that I love you more than anything in the entire world." He reaches over and takes my hand in his. My smile grows bigger. "Okay. I suppose we can tell people." Brian looks as if you've just made him the happiest man on the planet. And truth be told, you had. He takes his phone from his pocket and props it on the table, opening his camera. "What on earth are you doing?" You ask with a giggle. "I'm documenting this moment." My free hand moves to cover my mouth as I laugh out loud. Brian releases my hand and turns his attention to his phone. I shake my head and return to my magazine. I'm in the middle of reading a recipe for an apple cider spice cake when my phone chimes next to me. I read a notification from Instagram that Brian has tagged me in a photo. You glance at him; he's got a wide grin on his face. Shaking my head, I unlock my screen to see what on earth he had just done. The app opens and I see the picture Brian had just taken. The focus is my hands clasped on the table, but the background is me, laughing. I'm out of focus, but there's no question that it's me in the photo. I look up and smile at him. "Is this your way of telling people?" He smirks. "Read the caption, angel." I look back at the phone and read what Brian had written: 'happiness is'. I glance back to Brian and smile. He's right. Happiness is starting this next chapter of our relationship.

Hope you like it!