Murr x Phoebe

Saturday nights were movie nights. Movie nights meant some type of takeaway, one too many beers, and plenty of cuddles with James on the couch. This week was his choice, the sound of Grown Ups droning on in the background. There were pizza boxes strewn across the coffee table, empty bottles dotted around the neglected cardboard. Your arm was slung around James's waist while your fingers occupied themselves with the fabric of his shirt. James's gaze was fixed on the screen, but his hands absentmindedly traced small circles on your arm. Having lost interest in the movie, you chose to spend your time studying your handsome boyfriend. The way his nose sloped down into the perfect shape, the way his lips curved when he smiled, the way his jawline was more than likely sculpted by God himself. But it was the smell of his shirt that captivated you the most right now. A mixture of his cologne and fabric softener, the soft cotton flooded your senses with an intoxicating fragrance. You let out a yawn before cuddling in closer to James's side. He places a kiss on the top of your head. "Movie's almost over, beautiful. Then we can go to bed." You nod slightly. "I'll get my shoes on here in a minute." "Well, I mean- you could- I dunno...stay the night?" You sit up, suddenly feeling much more awake. "Uhh. Yeah? Err. Okay. I guess I could." You turn your eyes upon the television, your mind racing a million miles a minute. You've never stayed the night with James before. In theory it sounds all cute and stuff, but what if you sleep too hot or take up too much space in the bed? What if he expects sex? You definitely don't think you're ready for that step. He places a hand in the middle of your back. "Babe? You okay? Shoot. I didn't mean, like you should sleep with me or anything. I just know that you've had a long week and didn't want you having to drive home so late. And, I mean, we're spending all day tomorrow together. So it just makes sense for you to already be here." He rubs small circles in your back as you process the words he's just spoken to you. "I'll even sleep here on the couch if it'll make you more comfortable." You look back at James and smile. "Can we build a pillow fort?" A massive grin stretches across his face. He grabs your hand and drags you toward the bedroom; the end credits of the forgotten film scrolling on the screen.

Hope you like it!