Sal x Teresa

The summer was coming to a close and you found yourself laying on your bed with your best friend, eating Popsicles in an attempt to calm down from the heat. "You know, Teresa, the carnival is in town tonight," your best friend announced and you glanced over at her. "I know. Everyone from school's gonna be there, I think," you reply, sticking your clean Popsicle back in the empty wrapper and setting it aside. "Mmhm, I bet Sal's gonna be there too," she teased you and your cheeks turned a rosy red. "Oh, I'm sure," you said as you swatted her arm and she laughed. "He is! You should ask him if he wants to go together tonight." "As if." You shook your head before she stuck her tongue out at you. "What color's my tongue?" "You're gross," you said well naturedly, hitting her with a pillow and starting a pillow fight with your silly best friend. Later that day, she went home to get ready for the carnival. You figured it was going to be another Friday night spent watching Netflix and chilling alone, until you heard your phone buzzing. You smiled when you saw Sal's picture pop up and you quickly answered it. "Hello?" "Hey, Teresa." Your stomach tingled as his voice carried over the phone. "Are you doing anything tonight?" You spent ages picking out the perfect outfit and posing in front of the mirror before you decided you looked presentable enough for your first date. You sat on your bed while you waited until you got a text for you to open the door. You hurried to the front door, opening it to Sal about to knock. You leaned against the doorframe with a smile on your face and he returned it. "Hey, Teresa. You look great," he said and you beamed, secretly pleased. "Thank you. Let's get going." You locked the door behind you and he led you to his car, holding the door open for you. "Are you excited?" He asked and you nodded, looking over at him while you put your seatbelt on. "Very. I'm happy you asked me to go with you," you replied and he looked satisfied. On the ride there, the both of you talked and joked about anything and everything. After he parked, the two of you walked to the gate and he paid for both of your wristbands, helping you put yours on before he put on his own. "So where should we go first?" You ask and he shrugged. "How about some games?" He suggested and you nodded, letting him lead you over to one. "Step right up, bud! If you knock three bottles over, I'll give you a pretty prize for the pretty girl," the man running the booth said and you looked over at Sal. "It's okay if you don't want to," you said, knowing how tricky some of these games can be, but he shook his head. "I've got it," he said confidently, handing over some money before he grabbed a tennis ball. All he had to do was knock the top three bottles down. His first toss was spot on, but the second missed by an inch. He tossed his third ball, just barely knocking the bottle down, and then he took his last shot. He missed the last one and let out a noise in frustration, but the man at the booth handed him a prize anyway. "For you. Good job, son," the man said, but Sal handed the stuffed bear over to you. "Here, Teresa. I think it looks better with you than it does with me," he said and you beamed, hugging the plush toy close. "Aw, thanks Sal." You stuck close to his side and the two of you walked on, saying hello to some of your friends you saw here and there. "How about we go on this one?" Sal was pointing to the haunted hayride, and although it made you a bit nervous, you nodded anyway. He noticed your hesitance and he smiled. "You can hold my hand if you want." "Okay," you replied, taking his hand while you both stepped up to the ride. You sat with him in a cart, your stuffed prize sitting to your left, and the ride started. It wasn't remotely scary and you both laughed at the silly decorations and attempts to scare you, but you held hands anyway. After you both got off, you carried your stuffed animal with you into the funhouse, admiring your reflection and laughing at Sal's. "That's a good look for you," you teased him as he looked into a mirror that was making him look extremely wide. "Oh, you think so, huh?" He joked, nudging your side, and you laughed. "Totally." You grabbed his hand, leading the silly boy out and you stopped to get cotton candy. "Delicious," you commented after you took a bite and he nodded in agreement. "Quite. How about we go on the Ferris wheel? I don't think food would mix well with a different ride," he suggested and you nodded. "Lead the way." You both sat in a cart, letting the bar close over your laps, and you moved closer to Sal, leaning against his side. "I've had a lot of fun tonight," you tell him as his arm slips around your waist. "The night's not over yet," he reminded you and you nodded. "I know, but I just wanted to tell you." You were both at the top, looking out at the stars and the glow of the moon. "Sal-" You were cut off as he tilted your chin a bit, pressing his lips against yours. You closed your eyes, letting the warmth spread through you, and your grip on his shirt tightened. When he pulled away, he was smiling like an idiot and you knew you were too. You leaned into his side again, closing your eyes, and he brushed his fingers up and down your back, the both of you thinking it was a great way to spend the last of your summer nights.

Hope you like it!