Sal x Samantha

You stood outside of the restaurant waiting for Sal to pick you up. Tonight you were on a date, well were supposed to be. The guy that wanted so badly to take you out, stood you up. Again. You ran a hand through your ginger hair. This was the second chance you had given him because you thought the first time was an honest mistake. The joke's on you now. Sal pulled up and you got in his car. There was an awkward silence before he asked what happened. "He just didn't show up. I don't know why." You knew Sal wasn't happy, he rarely ever was when you brought up other guys. "Sam, I just don't know why you bother with these guys that aren't worth your time," he said breaking another awkward silence. The tension was slowly growing between you two in the vehicle. "Not everyone can have their choice of people to date, Sal. Some of us have to take what we can get and in my defense he was really cute, how was I supposed to know he would be this way?" He pulled the vehicle over to the side of the road and turned off the engine. "You're telling me that you had no inclination that he was a butthole after he stood you up the first time? There's plenty of guys out there that would treat you like gold. But you're always going after these terrible people." You fumbled with your hands in your lap. You didn't know what to say because he was absolutely right. His hand made its way to your thigh, his thumb rubbing over the material of your pants. You looked over at him with your hazel eyes, a little taken back by his actions. "We've been friends for how long? I've been here through everything. Stuck it out when you dated idiots and buttholes. But I'm tired of it." "So what are you trying to say?" You ask. He licks his lips and puts his head down before taking ahold of your hand. "I'm trying to tell you that I'm tired of hiding in the shadows and letting you hurt yourself. I want to be that guy for you that makes you stop looking for someone else."

Hope you like it!