Part 8: The History

[Austin's P.O.V.]

I absolutely refused to believe that this... kid... was Peter Pan. Peter Pan had a fairy with him, and all this guy had was a creepy follower with a hood and a club. But as I sat in that cage, I became more and more convinced that we were in the actual Neverland.

The time was 2014, back in the real world. A few weeks before this whole incident, our foster parents came and told us we were getting a new addition to the family.

"How old are they?" Hannah asked, a smile lighting up her face.

"He's seventeen." Mrs. Nelson said, straightening a picture that sat on the fireplace. The living room was flawless, as usual, but Mrs. Nelson, our 'mother', was taking a particular interest in making everything better.

"Why are you cleaning all of a sudden? He isn't coming now, is he?" I asked, keeping my spot on the couch while Hannah shot up and began helping.

"Austin... He's been in that orphanage since he was thirteen! We wanted to get him out of there as soon as we could! No one adopts teenagers anymore, the poor lad... " I sunk in my seat. There was a ring at the door.

"I've got it!" Danny, the youngest of the kids at the house, ran over to the door, followed by a laughing Mr. Nelson.

"Slow down there, kid." He said jokingly, opening the door and beckoning the person to come in. The boy came in with nothing but a backpack swung across his shoulder. His blonde hair was slightly ragged, as if he'd cut it himself. He had light bags under his gray eyes, and was looking around at all of us in turn. Mr. Nelson held out his hand with a smile on his face, and the boy took it hesitantly. After he had shook the boy's hand, Mr. Nelson guided him to the living room.

"What a wonderful house you have..." He said, looking around the large room.

"Please, sit." Mrs. Nelson beckoned to the couch, and the boy sat down. Hannah smiled wide, obviously excited to have someone else in the family. The boy saw her smiling and smirked himself.

"So, what's your name?" I said, crossing my arms. Mrs. Nelson hit me lightly on the arm.

"Austin, don't be rude!" She said, glaring at my with a disapproving look. The boy just smiled.

"It's all right... my name is Cole." Hannah stratched out her hand.

"My name's Hannah. I'm fifteen. Nice to meet you!" Cole took her hand and shook it. Then, Danny came running into the living room.

"I'm Danny! I'm four!" He yelled, holding up three fingers, looking at them, and shooting the fourth finger up after it. Cole smiled.

"Hi Danny! Hey, how'd you like something?" Danny beamed and nodded. Cole reached into his bag and pulled out a play wooden sword. Danny's mouth made an o. Cole handed him the sword with a smile.

"Wow, a sword!" Danny squealed with delight, and swung it in the air. Mrs. Nelson frowned and said something about the safety of her precious china.

"That was mine when I was a kid. I doubt I'll need it anymore, but you can still find use of it, won't you?" Cole smiled when Danny nodded, still swishing around the sword.

"Momma, look! I'm Capitan Hook!" Danny said, covering his eye like an eye patch and dueling the air. Cole's smile faded, but when he noticed Hannah looking at him, he forced a new one.