You're Not Happy Now

(Camila's POV)

"Remember that one night with Kurt Cobain," Hayley laughed.

"How could I forget, you almost killed the man," Lauren giggled along with her.

"Enough," I yelled. "Lauren how the hell do you know this cop and why have you never told me about her."

They both stopped laughed and Lauren look at me seriously. "Hayley is my best friend and she helped me control my feeding."

"Didn't seem like she had control when she was about to drain me in my cell," I spat.

"I wasn't going to drain you," Hayley said. "That's how I feed. I compel, then feed somewhere you won't notice, and lastly I compel you to forget."

"Fine, but Lauren that doesn't explain why you never told me about her."

Lauren sighed, "because I didn't want you to know how I used to be with feeding. If I told you know about her because then you would have wondered why I needed to get better. I don't want you to know that part of me."

I sighed, "well Lauren if we're going to be a couple then there are some things your going to need to tell me. Even maybe things about your past."

Lauren looked at me nodded her head in an understanding manner.

"Well ladies," Hayley stood up from her chair. "Since you ended up being my best friend's girlfriend, I have to go eat. And I don't mean something like the french fries we were enjoying just now." Hayley looked over to the girl sitting at the bar. She looked in her twenties and seemed completely waisted.

"Please don't tell me you're going to kill her," I pleaded quietly.

"Relax kid," Hayley said. "I'm just going to drink what I need and then compel her to say it was an animal." 

Hayley then walked away towards the young lady. She began to stroke her hair and then somehow convinced her to go outside with her.

"Lauren," I nudged her. "Are you sure we can trust her?"

"Trust me Camila out of all the vampires in this world that I don't trust, she's one that I do." Lauren stroked a hair behind my ear and then planted a soft kiss on my lips.

She can't blame me for being concerned, I mean the girl that just tried to feed in me is all of a sudden besties with my girlfriend.

"Camila," she snapped me out of my thoughts. "Do you want me to drop you off somewhere?"

"Why would I ask you to do that?" I questioned.

"I mean, you did leave because you wanted to get out of the house."

I sighed, "Lauren I actually did that just to piss you off. Well mainly to g back to my house alone, but also because of that."

Lauren rolled her eyes and smirked, but then widened her eyes as though she had realized something. "You went back to your house?"

"Ya, I'm sorry but I had to go see my mom and I wanted to get some of my things."

"Camila we need to get back to my place now," she demanded.

"Why?"

"Because Camila, now that you went back to your house and you weren't surrounded by a bunch of vampires it will be easier for Jesy to track your scent."

"What do you mean?"

"That's why I wanted you to stay with us, because if your surrounded by enough vampires they can't track you. You may have been with Hayley, but that's not enough." Lauren stood up, grabbed my bag, and then began to pull me with her.