13

- Saturday March 27th, 12;34 p.m -

- Camila took a deep breath, as she sat by her piano, the camera facing her. She didn't know why, but she was feeling a little down today. It wasn't a secret that Camila had suffered from depression for awhile, and sometimes it still crept upon her. Sometimes it would stay, sometimes it would go away within a couple of hours or days. But she hadn't slept for a whole day now and she decided she'd do a cover. Since it had always made her feel better before.

"Wow, I have not done this for awhile." Camila said, chuckling lightly. "Hey guys. I know this is kind of random, and it's been awhile since I last did this; but today I'm gonna be doing a cover!" Camila exclaimed, trying to sound as cheerful as possible. "A lot of you guys have been wondering why I haven't made a cover in awhile, and it's because I've been super busy. But since I have this entire week off, well technically I only have two more days off then I'm back to the studio, but I figured since I didn't have any plans today, I'd do this." Camila said, shrugging.

"I am going to be doing a cover of the song, "She used to be mine" by Sara Bareilles." Camila said, "This particular song means a lot to me, and yes, I know it's sad. But I really didn't have any other song in mind that I wanted to cover. She here it is." Camila said simply.

Camila started playing the keys to the entrance of the song, she took a nervous, shaky breath, and looked at the camera, then back down at the piano keys. "It's not simple to say." Camila started, singing perfectly. "That most days, I don't recognize me." She sang again, "That these shoes and this apron, that place and it's patrons; have taken more than I gave them." Camila sang softly, playing the piano keys perfectly.

"It's not easy to know." Camila sang, "That I'm not anything like I used to be, although it's true." Camila sang again, this time her heart stung a bit at the lyrics. "I was never attention's sweet center, but I still remember that girl." Camila sang as she played the beautifully sounding instrument.

"She's imperfect, but she tries. She is good, but she lies." Camila sang softly, trying her best not to start crying. "She is broken and won't ask for help." Camila sang, "She is messy, but she's kind. She is lonely most of the time. She is all of this mixed up and baked in a beautiful pie. She is gone but she used to be mine." Camila sang, in a soft tone.

"It's not what I asked for, sometimes life just slips through the back door. And carves out a person and makes you believe it's true." Camila sang in a louder, stronger voice. "But now I've got you, and you're not what I asked for." Camila sang, almost self loathing-like. "If I'm honest, I know, I would give it all back, for a chance to start over, and rewrite an ending or two, for the girl that I knew." Camila sang, "Who'll be reckless, just enough." Camila sang softly. "Who'll get hurt, but learns how to toughen up." Camila sang, she started feeling a lump form in her throat, she knew she could start crying at any moment, but she shook her head and continued.

"She'll get stuck; and be scared of the life that's inside her. Growing stronger each day, 'till it finally reminds her to fight just a little; to bring the fire in her eyes. That's been gone, but used to be mine." Camila sang passionately, she felt tears start burning in the rim of her eyes, but that didn't stop her from singing.

"She is messy, but she's kind." Camila sang softly, trying to blink the tears away, but there were too many. So she only continued, "She is lonely most of the time." Camila sang, softly. "She is all of this mixed up, and baked in a beautiful pie." Camila sang again, this time tears were already falling out of her eyes.

"She is gone, but she used to be mine." Camila sang, this lyric was quieter than the others. Camila played the last note on the piano, and she looked at the camera, giving it a small smile before she shut it off.

-

- Saturday March 27th, 3;44 p.m -

LaurenJauregui: hey, are you okay?

CamilaCabello: ofc, why??

LaurenJauregui: well I saw your cover and I just wanted to know if you were okay.

CamilaCabello: you watched my cover?😏😏😏😏

LaurenJauregui: you're changing the subject Camila.

CamilaCabello: Lauren I'm fine, that song just hits a soft spot.

LaurenJauregui: yeah, but you cried.

CamilaCabello: I'm pretty sure anyone who covers that song cries

LaurenJauregui: yeah, I guess so. It's a pretty depressing song.

CamilaCabello: really? I like it

LaurenJauregui: well yeah it's a good song, just a bit depressing.

CamilaCabello: yeah, I know

CamilaCabello: it's just, idk how to explain it

CamilaCabello: you know how you just have that one song that you just relate to in every way?

LaurenJauregui: yeah, of course.

CamilaCabello: that's my song.

LaurenJauregui: ... are you sure you're okay?

CamilaCabello: lmao, yes, Lauren I'm fine

CamilaCabello: just cause I like a sad song, doesn't mean that I'm not okay

LaurenJauregui: I'm just making sure.

CamilaCabello: what? You suddenly don't hate me anymore?

LaurenJauregui: nah, I still hate your guts, but I'm just making sure you're alright.

CamilaCabello: wow

CamilaCabello: but thanks?

CamilaCabello: I do not know how to respond to that lmao

CamilaCabello: you're confusing af

LaurenJauregui: ¯\_()_/¯

A/n: this chapters kinda sad, I'm sorry :(