25

- Friday April 16th, 9;32 a.m -

- Lauren sat in the studio, alone, coming up with song ideas. She couldn't get her mind off of last night. She hadn't been on social media all day, because she knew her and Camila had blown up the internet, twice all in one month. But for some reason, it didn't bother Lauren as much as it used to.

After the concert last night, Roger congratulated the two on their amazing performance, and Lauren gave Camila a ride home. It was a silent ride, not awkward, but comforting- almost. Neither of them had said what was on both of their minds, neither of them really wanted to.

Lauren hadn't spoken to or texted Camila today, she was waiting for the younger girl to text her. Lauren smiled, thinking about last night, sighing contently.

"LAUREN JAUREGUI." A familiar voice yelled and Lauren stood up immediately, Normani bursted in through the door of the studio, she looked angry. Lauren then gulped, she had completely forgotten that neither Normani or Ally knew about her speaking to Camila.

"H-Hey manibear." Lauren said, smiling nervously at her best friend. "Don't you "hey manibear", me. What the hell is this?!" Normani practically yelled as she held her phone in front of Lauren. Lauren took it and stared at it; it was a tweet, "Fifth Harmony's Lauren Jauregui, and ex band mate Camila Cabello, performed the cutest love duet last night at Miami casino. #CamrenDuet" Lauren read the tweet in her head, there was a picture of Camila holding her while they were performing.

"Keep scrolling." Normani said, while crossing her arms. Lauren obediently kept scrolling, she then came across another tweet. "Camila and Lauren performing together?! My question is, what happened after that performance?👀 #CamrenDuet - Chelsea Briggs" Lauren read the tweet and rolled her eyes, "Of course." She mumbled.

"That's not it, keep going." Normani ordered and Lauren sighed as she kept scrolling, "It's Camren yo! #CamrenDuet" Lauren read another. "Wow, Dinah, wow." Lauren mumbled.

She kept scrolling and came across another one, "Wait! So does this mean Camila and Lauren have been talking this whole time?! #CamrenDuet" Lauren read and continued scrolling.

"THEY ARE LITERALLY LOOKING AT EACH OTHER THE SAME WAY THEY USED TO AHAJSKSJD. ALLYSUS IS REAL AND SHE IS GREAT! CAMREN IS REAL MFS I TOLD YOU ALL. #CamrenDuet bitches!" Lauren read another, "Wow." She mumbled.

She handed Normani's phone back to her, not wanting to continue, and the dark skinned girl practically snatched it away. "Yeah, "wow" is right! What the hell Lauren?!" Normani practically yelled and Lauren only stared at her. "When were you gonna tell me?!" Normani yelled again. "Tell you what?" Lauren asked, "Don't play dumb! When were you gonna tell me that you're fucking Camila again?!" Normani asked loudly and Lauren's eyes went wide.

"We are not "fucking", Normani! I just started speaking to her again!" Lauren said defensively and Normani rolled her eyes, "Really? Look at this, Lauren." Normani said as she typed something in on her phone and held it up to Lauren's face. It was a picture of Camila holding Lauren in her arm as they sang, Lauren didn't realize how they were looking at each other, till now.

"Looks to me like it's more than that." Normani said as she put her phone back in her pocket. "It's not." Lauren mumbled, "Then what is it Lauren?" Normani asked, crossing her arms again. "I already told you, we're on speaking terms again. That's it." Lauren said, "Really? I didn't realize that means performing a love duet with her!" Normani yelled again. "It's not a big deal!" Lauren practically yelled, taking Normani by surprise.

Lauren then sighed, "Look, it wasn't planned okay? Camila was supposed to be performing with Charli, but Charli's grandma passed away. So she canceled last minute." Lauren explained, "That's when she called me." Lauren mumbled.

"So basically you're still doing everything she asks?" Normani asked sarcastically and Lauren rolled her eyes. "You know that's not true. She needed me mani, what was I supposed to do?" Lauren asked, starting to get angry. "Oh I don't know, maybe, say no!" Normani yelled and Lauren only stared at her. "I couldn't do that mani." Lauren said quietly.

"Why not?!" Normani yelled, "Because she was our best friend Normani! Four fucking years, we spent four years of our life with her. She was there for all of us, and now you just wanna act as if she doesn't exist?" Lauren asked in disbelief.

"She was there?!" Normani asked in disbelief, "Where is she now Lauren? Where was she when we needed her months ago? When you cried for three hours straight, was she there? When I cried my eyes out after I found out that she left, where was she?!" Normani yelled, "Oh yeah, she was gone! News flash Lauren, she left us!" Normani yelled and Lauren only stared at her.

Normani then scoffed in disbelief as she stormed out, "What the hell?" Dinah asked as she walked in. "Why did mani look like she was ready to shank someone?" Dinah asked. Lauren didn't answer, instead she stormed out of the studio as well, leaving Dinah in a confused state.

"Does this mean I can leave too and get cookies?!" Dinah yelled out.

-

- Lauren angrily got into her car and slammed the door shut. She angrily punched her steering wheel, she felt tears burn in the rim of her eyes. A knock on her window then snapped her out of her thoughts, causing her to jump. She looked to the side and saw it was Ally.

Lauren rolled down her window, expecting to be yelled at by the smaller girl too, but instead Ally only stared at her. "What did the steering wheel ever do to you?" Ally asked jokingly, and for some reason Lauren bursted into tears. Ally then frowned, as she walked over to the passenger side and got in; shutting the door after she did. "Don't cry, tell mama what's wrong." Ally said gently and Lauren sobbed even more.

"E-Everything!" Lauren croaked out loudly. Ally then frowned again, "Why'd she have to leave, Ally? N-None of this would be happening if she didn't- didn't leave." Lauren sobbed and Ally immediately knew what Lauren was referring to. Ally sat there, trying to gather her thoughts.

"I don't know." Ally answered truthfully.

"Sometimes, people, they just- need different things. They grow up, and realize that their dreams have changed." Ally said simply, "B-But I-I needed her." Lauren croaked out and Ally frowned. "I know, I did too- we all did. But I think we shouldn't really be upset with her." Ally said and Lauren looked at her, in a confused way. "She needed us too Laur, and we weren't there. It's a two-way street; she left, she needed support, we weren't there. She left, we needed her, she wasn't there." Ally explained and Lauren looked down, still letting tears fall.

"But you know what the good thing about life is, Lo?" Ally asked and Lauren shook her head, "N-No." Lauren answered. "We are able to decide when and who we forgive." Ally said gently and Lauren sniffled.

"I-I don't k-know how to do that." Lauren said and Ally flashed her a small, yet comforting smile, "No one ever does." Ally said truthfully, "But there's always a start." Ally added and Lauren looked down. "I don't know where to start." Lauren said quietly, "You start by asking the question you want answered the most; why did she leave." Ally said and Lauren only stood there, staring at her.

"I'm scared." Lauren said, in a quiet tone. "I know you are." Ally said, "But I also know that you are brave, and I know that you love Camila, you always will." Ally said gently. "Y'all will figure out a way to make it right Lo, trust me." Ally said softly, "How do you know?" Lauren asked.

"Because love conquers all. And I saw the performance last night, it reminded me of when y'all were younger, and that's how I know it's love. Because even after you two broke each other's hearts, you still look at each other like it's the first time." Ally said softly.

-

A/n: double update :')