27

- Friday April 16th, 1;45 p.m -

- Camila sat there, staring at Normani's text for about twenty minutes. She didn't know what to do. She finally took a deep breath and started to type.

-

CamilaCabello: what's up??

NormaniKordei: meet me at our place in ten.

CamilaCabello: alright.

-

- Camila furrowed her eyebrows, "Why the hell did I just agree to meet her? What if this is only some kind of cruel joke?" Camila wondered out loud. "What if I get there, wait for hours and she never shows?" Camila asked again while she put her shoes on. "Am I seriously gonna go?" Camila asked herself as she grabbed her keys and walked out of her house.

"Dammit I didn't realize I was actually getting ready as I was thinking. I can not multitask at all." Camila mumbled to herself as she started walking.

She knew exactly where Normani meant by "our place", it was one of those things that Camila could never forget, even if she wanted to. Camila walked, deep in thought, wondering why Normani wanted to see her.

Camila figured that Normani had seen the duet last night, but she never thought the dark skinned girl would actually want to speak with her. "Holy shit, what if she beats me up?" Camila asked herself out loud as she approached the familiar setting.

"Miami park." Camila read the sign in her head.

She walked over to the playground where Normani was swinging on one of the swings. She could only see the back of Normani, but she knew it was her.

"Hey." Camila said gently as she approached the older girl, sitting down in the swing beside her. "Hey." Normani said quietly, staring down at her shoes.

They sat in silence for a couple of moments, which to both of them felt like hours. Neither of them really knew what to say; Normani didn't know what she wanted to say, and Camila didn't know what she was supposed to say. So they only sat there, swinging gently. Due to the park being empty, the only thing they could hear was the creaking of the old swing set.

"I'm sorry." They both blurted out at the same time, causing them to both look at each other. "Wait, why are you sorry?" They both asked simultaneously, again. They both chuckled nervously and Camila looked down for a moment, then back at Normani. "Me first, or you first?" Camila asked, "Me first- I have to say this." Normani said nervously and Camila only nodded.

"You and I have always been the type of friends to be straight up with each other. We've never kept secrets, and we've always kept it real; even if it hurt our feelings." Normani started, and Camila nodded in agreement. Normani stared at Camila for a moment, taking a shaky breath. "So I'm going to be straight up with you right now, and I want you to be straight up with me too." Normani said, "Even if it may hurt our feelings." She added. She waited for Camila's response, which was only a nod.

Normani then looked down, gathering her thoughts. "I am upset." Normani started, Camila only started to listen intently. "I am upset, because you left. I am also upset because you never gave me a reason why. I am upset that I never realized how easy it was for you to leave, till it actually happened." Normani said and Camila frowned, Normani continued and Camila only listened.

"I am upset because you know me better than I know myself, and I guess- I guess I just thought that I knew you too. I am upset that you didn't even have the guts to tell us that you were leaving, in person. I am also upset that you just left me with all these memories, of the girl that I used to know, the one that looks like you but- but isn't necessarily you. And maybe I'm not the girl you knew either, but I am upset that we didn't grow together, like we always said we would. And I am upset that it's partially my fault, because I should've been there for you- I should have been the one that was there for you." Normani said, tears starting to form in her eyes. She then took a deep, shaky breath before continuing again.

"But finally, I am upset that I can't hate you- not even a little bit, not even at all. Because even if I may not know you right now, I know that the girl that I knew; the girl that I loved, is still sitting right beside me. Because deep down I know, you'll always be that girl. Even if you did lose yourself along the way." Normani finished, letting a few tears fall. Camila felt tears burn in the rim of her eyes, she didn't know what to say.

"Your turn." Normani said, her voice cracking a bit.

"I'm hurt." Camila said, her voice also cracking. Normani only stared at the younger girl, listening intently.

"I'm hurt that you assume leaving was easy, when in reality it's probably the hardest thing I've ever done. I'm hurt because you weren't there for me when I needed you, but I'm also hurt because I know for awhile; I wasn't there for you either. I'm hurt that you left me with all of our memories, just to turn your back on me; forcing me to become a girl that I don't even know sometimes." Camila started, letting tears fall.

"I'm hurt that it's taken you this long, to reach out to me; but I'm also hurt because I know it's not easy for you, just like it isn't for me. I'm hurt that you think this is what I wanted, that you assume I am happier this way." Camila said, wiping a few tears away. Normani only sat there, at this point tears were falling from her eyes uncontrollably.

"Finally, I am hurt that all this time you've been trying to hate me, when I always knew that I loved you." Camila said quietly, letting even more tears fall.

Normani started to cry, causing Camila to cry too. They both stood up at the same time, and stared at each other. Camila then flung herself into Normani's arms, still sobbing as she did. Normani hugged back tightly, also sobbing at this point.

They stayed like that for awhile; because truthfully, neither of them wanted to let go.

-

A/n: normila 😭