UYS 25: Tattooed

And I can't get you out of my dreams
Now I know that you're the dangerous kind
And your smile is tattooed on my mind
And I can't get you out of my dreams

Oh, yesterday I was feeling safe
All I do today is trying to be brave
And no melody can seem to soothe my mind
And now I curse you for being so sweet and so kind

-Tattooed on My Mind, D'Sound

  — 

Tiffanie was sitting on the couch, hugging her knees close to her chest. Lumilipad pa rin ang isip niya. She turned on the TV to at least disturb her thoughts but it was not effective.

Inalala niya ang mga nangyari kanina. She congratulated herself for not having that intense feeling of longing inside her. Nagawa niya kasing hindi pansinin si Evan kanina.

For her, it was the best thing to do. She has decided to move on, and the best way for her to succeed is not to talk to her ex. Sure, it bothered her in a way but there's something that's more bothersome for her now—and that's Almirah. Inis na inis siya sa paghalik nito kay James.

She bit her lip. Nakakahiya at mali talaga ang ginawa niya. What if she pushed Almirah and she ended up falling on the cemented ground? Paano na lang kung nabagok ang ulo nito?

Thoughts of getting locked up in jail filled her mind; na-imagine na rin niya ang interrogation na magaganap. 'Bakit mo siya tinulak?' the police would ask. 'E kasi po namamangka siya sa dalawang ilog' will be her fail answer. Maling-mali. Tapos mamaya, maging headline pa ang ka-gagahan niya sa tabloid.

"Tippy, nagugutom ka na ba?"

Nanduon na pala si James at hindi man lang niya namalayan dahil sa pag-iisip. He just emerged from the bathroom wearing nothing but jeans. Inilagay na rin nito ang amoy pineapple juice na T-shirt sa labahan.

"Wala akong gana."

"Magkakagana ka rin. Masarap yung iluluto ko," he said before handing her the pack of salted egg chips. "Kain ka muna kung gutom ka na."

"Hindi na, salamat."

Iniwan nito iyon sa mesa. "Just in case lang."

Tiffanie turned off the television. Tumayo siya at sumunod dito sa kusina. She decided to just watch him cook or rather, lend him a hand. The meat has already been thawed. Pwede na itong lutuin.

"Sit back and relax ka na lang do'n. Magluluto ako ng Kimchi stew," sabi nito sa kanya habang kinukuha ang tupperware ng kimchi sa ref.

"Tutulungan na lang kita."

He closed the fridge and smiled. "Alright."

---

Tiffanie was able to help James by chopping the ingredients. She cubed the pork and tofu, si James naman ang naghiwa ng green onions at ang mismong nagluto. She watched him put the oil and meat on the pan. Afterwards, he added the cabbage kimchi, water, Gochujang (chili paste) and sugar. Mamaya na nila idadagdag ang tofu kapag patapos na at ang pinakahuli ay yuong green onions for garnish. They needed to simmer it for 45 minutes so James took the time to talk to her.