3.

Storm
   I sighed as I tried to wake up my little sister so I could help her get ready for school.

"Jas" no response.

"come on baby girl" she stirred around in her sleep before finally awakening.

"I'm sleepy stormy" she whined out wrapping her arms around my neck.

I lifted her and carried her to the small bathroom "I know baby girl but you gotta get your education so you can be smart ok?"

She nodded while taking her toothbrush out of my hand and placing toothpaste on it before brushing her teeth.

I left her alone to handle her business and made my back to my room to finish getting dressed since I already washed up earlier this morning.

I hated when my mom took extra shifts she wasn't able to help me get these girls up and ready.

Nuzuri laid out across the middle of my bed, I smiled making my way over to her and lifting her chubby little body.

"cocoa baby girl" she snuggled her head into my neck her light breathing tickling me.

I went over to the mini dresser in my room and grabbed her a fresh baby rag and her body wash.

Since Jas still wasn't done I had to use the kitchen sink to wipe cocoa down she whined when I washed under her neck but it had to be done.

"okay baby I'm sorry" I grabbed the small towel and dried her off after I finished wiping her down.

"Jas baby girl come on we got twenty minutes left and you still need to eat and get to the bus stop" I shouted.

Cocoa looked up at me with her big brown eyes and smiled,I smiled back as I put lotion on her and placed on her clothes and some pink socks to match.

Jas came from the back with her clothes on—my mom did her hair before she left so I wouldn't have to do it.

"I made you some toast and eggs hurry up and eat I'll be right back i'm going across the hall" I stood with cocoa and grabbed her baby bag I locked the door behind me, people crazy couldn't have nothing happen to my sister.

I knocked on Ms.Bernice door a  close friend, she watched cocoa and Jas from time to time when me and my mom were busy.

"good morning sunshine" she smiled at me I returned the gesture.

"Good morning Ms.Bernice, she just woke up" I handed my baby over and her bag filled with all the things she needs.

"she's in good hands you have a good day at that new school and if somebody tries you let them know I'll go to jail over my stormy"

I chuckled and gave her a side hug,"sure thing,have a good day be good cocoa" I kissed her cheek and made my way back to our apartment.

"Jas let's go" I grabbed our bags and held the door open for her.

———

"fuck" I groaned as yet another person bumped into me.

The school was big enough for people to easily walk by without touching you but yet people continued to bump into me.

I got to school twenty minutes early so I could find my classes on time classes start at 8:05 and I only have five minutes to get to class and I still haven't found it.