9.

Storm

Deja's father sat across from me drinking his coffee, he was a big buff dude and I'm not gone lie he intimidated me, just a little.

"talk to me man" he finally spoke after awhile.

I ran my hands through my hair it was out in a big fro today, Deja begged me to leave it out so I did.

"where do you want me to start?"

"tell me about you, tell me about storm what's your story"

he asked for my story, so I told him I told him everything and he listened.

"Our stories are similar I went through a lot of shit when I was your age, my dad was a drug addict and my mom worked at this small hair salon breaking her back just to make sure me and my siblings were good, but we needed more so I started slanging for the big man, D-Boy he was like a older brother to me taught me everything until one day some niggas killed him right in front of me" he paused.

"I watched my best friend, my big brother the man who broke bread with me and made sure I was straight die right in front of me at the age of fifteen, after that day I took over for him but I was new to that shit so I struggled couple weeks in I got into it with some big named nigga Fino, he said D-boy owed him money and he was going to get it anyway possible, so he did and he did so by putting a bullet in my mothers head"

damn, this man sat across from me pouring out his story looking at him you wouldn't have been able to tell he went through all of that, but you can't judge a book by its cover.

"I went hard for my siblings after that I made sure they never had to ask for anything and then I met Deja's mother at the raw age of seventeen and at that time I was a little player so all I wanted to do was fuck but she made me work for it I soon found myself working for her heart and not what was in her pants that lady was my everything at the age of twenty we had Deja and I knew I had to change my ways so I flipped my money and made that shit legal i started investing and creating my own shit now here I am"

He owned all sorts of things from apartment buildings to clothing stores, he was sitting on money but he never flaunted that shit.

"I'll help you because I see myself in you, Ima give you the money to pay that nigga Gotti off and Ima help with your parents hospital bills, I'll even give you a place to lay your head but you have to work for that shit my baby girl told me you love art,that true?"

I smiled something I haven't genuinely done in a few weeks, I was grateful for him helping me and I would do anything to pay him back.

"thank you so much sir, I appreciate everything and yes sir I love art"

He nodded "alright I got a job for you, I'm opening up a few more spots and I would like some nice ass paintings on the wall think you can do that?"

I nodded "of course just let me know what kind of designs-"

He stood up "I'll leave that to you to decide come on let me show you the condo and let's go handle that bullshit with Gotti"

I stood following behind him out of the house, Deja took the girls out for awhile to give me and her dad time to talk, so she would be back soon.

____

Omniscient

     Storm and Damien, Deja's father made their way downtown to Gotti's office, ha the big man the main hustler of the streets.

Many feared Gotti, he was capable of a lot of shit. He loved to kill taking life's made his adrenaline pump, his love for killing came from his father he watched the man who gave him his life steal something from somebody that they could never get back, their life.