8.

Deja
    Nuzuri's cries filled my ears causing me to awake out of my slumber. Sighing I reached over to tap Storm, my hand tapped the empty spot instead of his warm body.

Swinging my legs over the bed I went over to Nuzuri and grabbed her,her screaming cries instantly stopped.

"hey chocolate,where is your brother huh?" I smiled as she just stared at me with those cute eyes.

I looked back over at the bed and noticed Jas wasn't there, I heard the tv in the living room so I assumed it was either her or her brother.

Grabbing a diaper out of Zuri's baby bag I made my way to the front.Jas laid on the couch watching some show on Disney channel.

"good morning Jas,you hungry?"

She peeped over at me as I laid Zuri down to change her diaper.

"yes I am, I already brushed my teeth and washed my face too Stormy always told me I couldn't be walking around with morning breath and eye boogers"

I smiled over at her "okay cutie good job and I'll go fix us some food in just a minute"

After I finished changing Zuri I handed her over to Jas who sat watching her show while feeding her.

Warm hands wrapped around me causing me to drop the eggs that I had in my hand.

I turned around sharply and slapped Storms chest, he gave me a small smile in return.

"Sorry Dej, here I brought breakfast" he handed me a McDonald's bag.

He stepped away from me to pull off his hoodie, I reached into the bag while staring at him.

"did Jas see you?"

He sighed shaking his head while leaning against the counter,"na she was into that damn show, we'll be out of your hair today though"

Since my mom was out of town I was bound to be lonely, & since all my friends went on vacation well expect for Spud but he was working all week.

"no! why? I enjoy you guys company I'm so lonely here"

Storm chuckled while looking into my eyes,"your mom will be back in a couple days, besides we gotta find some place to live"

He's mood instantly sadden as he came to realization I felt bad for him but he wouldn't let me help him finically.

"Storm please let me help you"

"No Deja, I got this"

"Storm! stop it okay? I know you feel like I'm looking at you as a charity case but I'm not! you're a friend in need so let me help you!"

He needed help and he knew it but he was too ashamed to ask for any, he felt as if I looked at him as charity, but I didn't I wanted to help him because I care for him and if he wouldn't take my help I would force him to take it.

"Deja-"

"I'm helping you I don't care what you say" I pushed past him with our food and into the living room.

"here you go Jas" I handed her the pancake platter along with a juice box, I grabbed Zuri out of her hands and put her in her swing.

"thank you" She smiled at something behind me, placing the food on the floor she ran over to her brother.

"Stormy! I missed you I have so much to tell you"

He smiled back at her "I missed you too Jas, you can tell me anything you want after you eat okay?"