12.

Deja
  Zuri's small hands gripped onto my cheeks as I made funny faces making her burst into a fit of laughter.

"hey mamas" I tickled her chubby little stomach and kissed her nose.

My mom walked into the living room with a few walmart bags in her hands, I stood to help her but she waved me off letting me know she had it.

"Aw I remember this little cutie pie hey baby doll" my mom came over and lifted Zuri out of my arms.

Zuri gave a confused look as she stared my mom in her face the look soon went away when she spotted my moms dangling gold earring yanking it she tried to stuff it in her mouth.

"oh no ma'am those do not belong in your mouth" I chuckled as my mom removed her chubby little hand.

"since when have you become a babysitter?" She shifted her feet and eyed me.

I shrugged and took a seat on the couch,"helping out my boyfriend"

"boyfriend hmmm" she hummed taking a seat beside me.

I sighed "no mom not now"

not never

She held up her hands in surrender "fine fine,where's Spud?"

I sent him and Jas to the store over thirty minutes ago to get some snacks and their still not back.

"went to the store with Jas, my boyfriends sister"

"oh lord, that poor baby is being corrupted my spuds stupid idiotic ways Jesus take the wheel here grab baby doll Ima get started on dinner" I grabbed Zuri and handed her, her bottle only to have her look at it as a foreign object.

Sighing I held the bottle for her me and her uncle/dad whatever you wanna call him are going to have a talk —— he spoils her way too much.

"what's for dinner shorty?"I yelled out.

"not Italian, I want chicken so I'm making fried chicken,macaroni, rice and gravy and cornbread"

"mother baybe, it's not Sunday and why macaroni? I hate it"I frowned.

Spud told me a while back that my black card was revoked since I didn't like macaroni, or Kool aid or cabbage —— yup the list continues.

"well I want it so if you don't oh the fuck well" she smiled and went into the kitchen shaking my head I looked down at Zuri to see her slowly falling asleep, taking the bottle out of her mouth I sat it on the table.

A knock on the door sounded through out the condo, I laid Zuri down on the palette I made on the corner of the couch I made sure her body was secured with the couch pillows.

I opened the door and came face to face with a sad Storm.

He quickly pulled me into a hug and held me for what seemed like forever, and I let him wrapping my arms around him I whispered in his ear some inspirational words telling him to let god do his work.

__________

"mom do not question him tonight! please I'm begging you,he's really sad and he does not need to be questioned right now" I whispered yelled to my mom as we stood alone in the kitchen.

She smiled "I won't do it tonight I understand he's hurting right now so for today I'll fill his belly and give him some comforting words but in a couple of weeks BAM! He's getting it, go set the table for our guest"

Huffing I marched over to our small but comfortable dinning room that my mother spent months decorating and set the table.

I helped my mom bring all the food into the dinning room and sat the food in different spots.