14.

Storm.

"hand me that water baby" my mom spoke in her raspy voice as her hand shook pointing at the cup of water.

Quickly standing to my feet I grabbed the cup and placed the straw in her mouth, she took a few sips.

I watched as she slowly closed her eyes and hummed out in pain the doctors told her she needed to eat on order to take pain medicine but she didn't like the food here.

"they brought me this nasty chicken noddle soup" she frowned in distaste, eyes still closed.

I softly smiled,"my friend is bringing you some food mama"

Her grey eyes reopened and stared into mines,"friend? you sure have been talking about this friend a lot lately and you let them watch my babies! mhmm"

I started to reply but was interrupted by a knock on the door, "come in"

Deja stepped in with a Panera bread bag in her hand and Starbucks in the other.

"Hi" she smiled over at my mother,I stood and grabbed the stuff out of her hands.

"thank you baby"

my mother looked over at us with a small smirk on her face causing Deja to blush.

"baby? hm well Hi baby you must be the friend my son keeps talking about nice to meet you"

Deja cheesed "likewise, how are you feeling?"

My mom sighed "terrible those doctors won't let me take pain pills unless I eat some food and what they brought me to eat is a no go"

I grabbed the broccoli and cheese soup out of the bag for my mom and walked over to her to help her sit up, sitting the soup down on the small table I sat her up with the help of Deja.

"Deja brought you some soup I'm sure you'll like it" grabbing her spoon I scooped some up and lightly blew she ate it.

"I also brought you some tea with honey and mint it'll help soothe your headache and sore throat"

"well thank you, you're so nice and cute you kind of look familiar"

My mom stared at her for awhile before looking back at me for some soup.

"My mother caters here from time to time Dayla Jones" Deja showed her a picture.

"that's your mother! she is so nice and her food is amazing"

Deja smirked "thank you"

"Ouu" my mom moaned as she held her hand up to the covered wound on her head.

"you okay?" I quickly stood and caught her as she fell out.

"It hurts so-so bad" she croaked out before her eyes closed.

"I'll get the nurse" Dej ran out of the room.

"Mmm baby" she gripped my shirt in her hand as she balled up her lip in pain,"feed me a little more soup so when they come in here they can give me that damn medicine"

I did as told.

          "She'll be fine, we just need to keep her under our wing for a couple more days or weeks just to make sure she's stable, but when she is released she needs plenty of rest she doesn't need to be on her feet so no working"

I nodded as I took in everything Dr.thorn told me.

"okay thank you Dr. have a nice night" she patted my shoulder.